WordPress Integration options?

jefferisp7

Is Xpress the only third party integration option for WP and XF? The reviews on support from Xpress are mixed. Are they still recommended?

Is Xpress the only third party integration option for WP and XF? The reviews on support from Xpress are mixed. Are they still recommended?
The end all be all with XPress is that the more customized your WP is, the less streamlined the bridge will be for you (which makes sense of course if you think about all the extra functionality XPress will not know about). If you only want it to do users, it'll do just that. If you also need it do the theme and other features, specific server configurations are required. Thats it in a nutshell. We removed it as a purchaseable product since there were too many permutations of environments to make it a plug and play product, as many of the other addons we have are. It is now a service we offer.

Okay, here is the goal. We want membership privileges in WP and XF to be the same, esp. For admins. We want to be able to post articles in WP and have them start a thread in the Forums under the appropriate categories, which I assume would be by the same categories in WP.
WP will be a repository for other documents and articles for research, (unless XF offers similar static pages?). Not sure if comments on posts would be able to be included in the XF threads, but that would be optimum. Does Xpress offer that kind of functionality?
The other requirement would be to be able to work with Wordfence and Jetpack in Wordpress to allow social media integration in JP and security with Wordfence.

Okay, here is the goal. We want membership privileges in WP and XF to be the same, esp. For admins. We want to be able to post articles in WP and have them start a thread in the Forums under the appropriate categories, which I assume would be by the same categories in WP.
WP will be a repository for other documents and articles for research, (unless XF offers similar static pages?). Not sure if comments on posts would be able to be included in the XF threads, but that would be optimum. Does Xpress offer that kind of functionality?
The other requirement would be to be able to work with Wordfence and Jetpack in Wordpress to allow social media integration in JP and security with Wordfence.
The main question will still be your server setup. If it's compatible then yes it supports all this. You're welcome to reach out, we do all the setup and configuration. If we find it to not be compatible we exit the way we came and refund. We won't know if it's compatible until we look so let me know!

I'm on pair.com which has XF on other accounts. I have asked pair about setting up this WP/XF pairing. I did not yet install either WP or XF because I was unsure of the proper procedure. I tried to fill out the form on your site for integration but it required all the URLs to be up.

I'm on pair.com which has XF on other accounts. I have asked pair about setting up this WP/XF pairing. I did not yet install either WP or XF because I was unsure of the proper procedure. I tried to fill out the form on your site for integration but it required all the URLs to be up.
You're welcome to just reach out via chat, can talk with Victoria or Lukas to get started with a consultation.

I filled out the inventory form a couple of days ago. Haven't heard back from anyone ... you all in quarantine?
Unfortunately we are a bit short staffed right now, yes. We have contracts for new work pending and work to complete, but will work quickly as possible. I've flagged who is responsible for checking such inquiries. If you do not hear back (as she is moving to a new home during this quarantine) you're welcome to message me directly.

I got an email from Sarah from Audentio, but not sure she saw or is aware of my intake form.
I don’t have an unlimited budget, and also, I NEED TO know if I start adding categories in XF now, does that make it more expensive for you to integrate; OR IF I WAIT till you are done, does setting up new categories in XF automatically sync with WordPress and vice versa???
In other words, if I am not fully flushed out in my XF forums, does this mean new categories will not be synced? Both WP and XF are basically default installs at this point with no content. Also, does the templates you sell for XF also translate to the WP style as well? or is it only a one way deal?

Top Bottom