1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress as home page

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by denzil, Apr 11, 2014.

1. denzil

denzil Member

Is there a plugin that will allow me to use a WordPress page as my home page with links to our Xenforo forum? It appears that xF-Wordpress Bridge may be the answer but wanted to ask if there are any better implementations. Thanks in advance!

2. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

There are several bridge options in the resources section of this website.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/bridges-integrations.17/

Each bridge has advantages and disadvantages. You'll want to spend time looking over features of each one. I've always wanted to make a comparative checklist but thought that might be taken the wrong way. Here is the most simplistic view: xfrocks is a professional programmer and his bridge is designed to work across servers. The bridge you mention is for users and AFAIK does not link forum posts. Mine is a hobby and used on my WP network. Other people have been very supportive of expanding the features. Kotomi's work is an excellent starting point for developers. With that simplistic view - you can expand from there.

Best of luck on building your site.

denzil likes this.