[WMTech] YouTube Load Enhancer [Deleted]

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] YouTube Load Enhancer - Significantly enhances the performance of your web site with local YouTube embeds

Description:
YouTube Load Enhancer add-on enables your Xenforo website to show the embedded YouTube video and playlists (yes, playlists are fully supported!) with lightweight and fully responsive cached data from your local server. The look and feel is like normal embedded YouTube, but only if someone clicks to see the video or playlist, the actual "fat" Flash or HTML5 player is...

Read more about this resource...

Great idea.

What's the Q&A bit about forum being broken after installation? How can that happen?

Also, how is the branding visible, and how much to remove it?

Great idea.

What's the Q&A bit about forum being broken after installation? How can that happen?

Also, how is the branding visible, and how much to remove it?

Branding/Copyright Removal:
This add-on features a small copyright notice in the footer of your web site only at thread and conversation views. If you would like to remove the copyright, please donate $25 (USD) to us using the Donate button below and provide your web site URL with the payment. Thank you!

The first Q&A entry is a standard entry with a standard instruction how someone can easily recover from a broken forum due to human error at an add-on install. We include that information in all our Q&A for security purposes. If you follow the installation instructions carefully it won't happen to you.

Regarding the branding: This add-on features a small copyright notice in the footer of your web site only at thread and conversation pages.

Last edited:
woah whats up with that extra long copyright footer? That's not cool man that's even longer than Xenforo's. Why couldn't you have made it shorter and just used a tooltip for the extra stuff? How much to remove it?

I get a blank screen until I refresh.

This is expected behavior if you've just posted the video and your servers (or YouTubes API servers) are slow fetching the thumbnail pic. The thumbnail picture will be shown automatically once the fetching and caching process is completed. In most cases this process is quicker than loading the standard YouTube player, however if your server is overloaded or slow at the moment of posting it may take some more time.

We'll try to implement a dummy "We load your video..." picture during the caching process in one of the next updates.

Please note that the caching process is only done once immediatelly after the posting of a new video. Any subsequent calls or further postings of the same video will load everything from the local cache, thereby significantly speed up the YouTube embeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRE
When I click the pinterest Pin It button on my website I noticed that embedded videos are not being picked up by the 3rd largest social network site, Pinterest. Not sure if that's because of this addon.

Doing the same thing it was doing last time. Do any of you have this working properly on your forums?

In your readme you say

Q: How does this add-on support microdata?

A: There is a specific microdata scheme for "videoObject"
(http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2413309) which
this add-on can add to your page, which Google can use to display the video
thumbnail next to the search-result.
Note that this is optional and can be
disabled in the ACP. Also the videoobject microdata is NOT added for audio-only
embeds or playlists. Google will not always display the thumbnail, this
presumably depends of the relevance of the video to the rest of the page.

You should highlight this fact in your resource, you'll probably get more downloads and donations. (y)

Do you think it works with 1.1.x?
I will upgrade to 1.3. in 2/3 months, but I have to install this addon now.

Top Bottom