[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info

[WMTech] Sticky Multiple Account Info [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($48.00)
he mulit account part was a free addon for xf1, simple but effective.

Unfortunately it is not that simple any more to detect multiple accounts. Cross browser is almost impossible the way it could be done some years ago.

We created this massive XF1 product to maximize the possibilty to detect multiple accounts and to make it possible for our staff to manually exempt some accounts after detection because sometimes there is a good reason to use the same computer with several accounts (several people living in the same house, public computers, etc) .

But we are thinking of creating a free, very basic product for XF2 with simple cookie based multiple account detection and nothing else.

For this (paid) products XF2 conversion we still are researching a (new) way to detect multiple accounts, similar to the way ad companies track people over several browsers and sessions. So there is still no ETA.

But we are thinking of creating a free, very basic product for XF2 with simple cookie based multiple account detection and nothing else.

Has there been any advancement on the free, cookie multiple account detector for XenForo 2? This has been a major need to fill for many people as Xenforo 1.x offered similar based free add-ons (Multiple Account Detector, Altar Ego Detector).

If you continue with your plan to release this free basic cookie detector, it will be a huge benefit to the community. This will likely lead to significant sales for your paid add-ons.

For this (paid) products XF2 conversion we still are researching a (new) way to detect multiple accounts, similar to the way ad companies track people over several browsers and sessions. So there is still no ETA.

This sounds great! Have you made any progress on this front?

Thanks in advance for your consideration and response.

Unfortunately it is not that simple any more to detect multiple accounts. Cross browser is almost impossible the way it could be done some years ago.

We created this massive XF1 product to maximize the possibilty to detect multiple accounts and to make it possible for our staff to manually exempt some accounts after detection because sometimes there is a good reason to use the same computer with several accounts (several people living in the same house, public computers, etc) .

Would you consider custom projects in the future to continue development on XF1? Would pay at your rate.

Do you have any paid add-on which can detect multiple accounts of XF 2.1?
This is a great add-on, but unfortunately it's only support for XF1.

This plugin appears to no longer be supported. The last time @wmtech responded was August 2019, more than eight months ago.

Signup Abuse Detection and Blocking is probably your best option for XenForo 2.1.

This plugin still is supported and works very well at several customer sites for XF 1.5. We are certainly responding every support ticket within hours at working days.

An update for XF 2.1 is in the works, because both existing products by foreign developers do not nearly match the features of this add-on.

An update for XF 2.1 is in the works
That's great news. As I have said several times in this thread, XF1 version was superb and I held back upgrading as some were not working on XF2 this included. So this is really important to us. Hopefully it won't be too long for release?

An update for XF 2.1 is in the works, because both existing products by foreign developers do not nearly match the features of this add-on.

You mentioned in February 2019 that you'd share your release plans for updates to XenForo 2.1 soon. Then, in April 2019 you said, "We are still working on it. Will be ready before we upgrade our own forums to XF 2.1."

Can you please give us an update now? An estimated release date like Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 would be helpful for those that are waiting.

ou mentioned in February 2019 that you'd share your release plans for updates to XenForo 2.1 soon. Then, in April 2019 you said, "We are still working on it. Will be ready before we upgrade our own forums to XF 2.1."

We already released some products for XF 2.1. See our published resources here. There are still some add-ons for which we will release XF 2.1 upgrades. Please watch our resources here or at our site to get notifications.

We already released some products for XF 2.1. See our published resources here. There are still some add-ons for which we will release XF 2.1 upgrades. Please watch our resources here or at our site to get notifications.
That is not an estimate for when a 2.1 add-on would be available. Is there any time-frame or can you tell us the latest of when you would be able to release something?

I've had to delay updating and overhauling a community because of this single add-on (every other add-on we use or require is available for 2.1), so it is actually to the point that this gets updated, or I will just pay someone to make one myself.

That is not an estimate for when a 2.1 add-on would be available. Is there any time-frame or can you tell us the latest of when you would be able to release something?

I've had to delay updating and overhauling a community because of this single add-on (every other add-on we use or require is available for 2.1), so it is actually to the point that this gets updated, or I will just pay someone to make one myself.
Same. I have one here from someone who had to stop developing for various reasons, but it's not working... So we need one certainly.

Top Bottom