[WMTech] Exif Location Data Remover

[WMTech] Exif Location Data Remover [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy ($19.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Exif Location Data Remover - Protect Your Users By Removing Hidden Location Content From Attachments

Description:
Exif Data Remover is an essential tool for professional XenForo boards to protect their users. Nowadays with GPS connected smartphones used to shoot photos, most pictures include hidden meta data (called "Exif" for "Exchangeable Image File Format") with information about the exact location where the photo was made (beside of other information). Many people do not even...

Read more about this resource...

Referencing this post:
Remove Exif From Old Attachments (before Installation)? Is that possible?

There will be a tool in one of the next versions to accomplish that. Currently it is not possible. The add-on only handles attachmentts uploaded after it has been installed.

Is there any timetable as to when this feature may be available?

We do not only remove the hidden data from uploaded pictures but also store the removed data separately in case you need it in the future.

I would like to buy this addon, but please put the option not to store the data at all :)

Is there any timetable as to when this feature may be available?

Sorry, no date has been set for a release.

We do not only remove the hidden data from uploaded pictures but also store the removed data separately in case you need it in the future.

I would like to buy this addon, but please put the option not to store the data at all :)

This is a good idea.

However, the data we backup can only be seen by an admin in ACP and never by any user. An admin can also purge the data at any time, even in the current version.

But we'll add a switch to block any backup of EXIF data.

Sorry, no date has been set for a release.

This is a good idea.

However, the data we backup can only be seen by an admin in ACP and never by any user. An admin can also purge the data at any time, even in the current version.

But we'll add a switch to block any backup of EXIF data.
please let me know when its done and i will purchase the addon thank you

wmtech updated [WMTech] Exif Location Data Remover with a new update entry:

v1.0.1: Several New Features & Code Optimizations

> Version 1.0.1 <
Several New Features & Code Optimizations

This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

NEW: Option Group for Add-On Settings

NEW: Setting to disable security hint for uploaders

NEW: Option to disable EXIF caching

NEW: Option to delete all cached EXIF data

NEW: Defaults to Imagick file handling, if Imagick is installed

NEW: PHP memory check to prevent broken images...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great Addon! 5 stars. My members love it! Only option I'd like to see is the possibility to remove Exif Data from images uploaded before the addon was installed.

I take it this works with add-ons such as Media Gallery and Showcase as well?

Great Addon! 5 stars. My members love it! Only option I'd like to see is the possibility to remove Exif Data from images uploaded before the addon was installed.

Any chance of this happening soon? Or at least a recommendation on how to do it some other way?

I take it this works with add-ons such as Media Gallery and Showcase as well?

Any chance of this happening soon? Or at least a recommendation on how to do it some other way?

Yes it works well with both media galleries and Showcase.

We are looking for a way to implement the handling of pictures uploaded before this add-on was installed. However, since there could be 10000s of pictures, this won't be easy to handle. We may provide our customers a different and free one-time-use add-on to take care of this problem.

Yes it works well with both media galleries and Showcase.

We are looking for a way to implement the handling of pictures uploaded before this add-on was installed. However, since there could be 10000s of pictures, this won't be easy to handle. We may provide our customers a different and free one-time-use add-on to take care of this problem.

Thanks for the reply. Even a recommended 3rd-party solution would be adequate for us.

Maybe one of these?

http://hacktux.com/read/remove/exif
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Onlin...emove-EXIF-Metadata-from-Photos-with-exiftool
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/13251/batch-delete-exif-info

All those are tools your server administrator may run at your server any time.
There is no need for an "add-on" to do that.

However there may be problems if those tools change the file size. So be careful and choose a tool which does not change the file size when stripping out the EXIF data.

Hi,

we are using this plugin in version 1.0.0 and found a bug.

The filesize of a uploaded image in (library/WMTech/ExifDataRemover/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php) is evaluated before removal of any Exif data.
This value is stored in table ‘xf_attachment_data’ (file_size) and later on send in HTTP response as Content-Length Header.

The actual image stored on the filesystem is smaller than the value stored in the database due to getting the image size before removing Exif data so a wrong value for Content-Length (value is too big) is sent to the client.
This results in different behavior depending on the browser used:

In Firefox -> The image is displayed with some delay of about 1 or 2 seconds (maybe Firefox waits if some more data arrives and displays the image with some delay if not)
In Chrome -> The image is displayed in full screen (open link in new tab) but not in image gallery and Debugger Console Logs: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH

Can anybody tell us if this problem is fixed in version 1.0.2?

Thank you in advance.

This addon ok to use? I have a member who has gone through and deleted a bunch of attached photos because he wants not to share the location. It's a very good point and worth considering.

Top Bottom