Windows 8 (plan B) Return of the Desktop & StartBar

I love windows 8! yes I am the only one! best OS to date from window, Just add start8 and am away!

Three words

World of Warcraft

Anything is possible
I honestly do not understand how anyone could pay to play a game. I mean, yes, sure, I'll slap down $40 for a good game, but I'm not stupid enough to keep paying $15 each month ($180 each year). That's like adding another utility bill (price for Internet).

I know World of Warcraft was successful. But you could opt out. Your OS is something you install everything into. It's what you use to interact not only with programs, but also the hardware as well. It would be like leasing your computer. And after paying lots of money to own my computer ($$$$), I'm not about to lease it on monthly or yearly plan.

And the only opt out for your OS is to format and start everything over again.

I don't think smart people or even people with economic sense would do it.... Although... Not everyone is smart or economical.... So.... ya... I guess you never know....

So.... ya... I guess you never know....

borat-thumbs-up.jpg

I honestly do not understand how anyone could pay to play a game. I mean, yes, sure, I'll slap down $40 for a good game, but I'm not stupid enough to keep paying $15 each month ($180 each year). That's like adding another utility bill (price for Internet).

I know World of Warcraft was successful. But you could opt out. Your OS is something you install everything into. It's what you use to interact not only with programs, but also the hardware as well. It would be like leasing your computer. And after paying lots of money to own my computer ($$$$), I'm not about to lease it on monthly or yearly plan.

And the only opt out for your OS is to format and start everything over again.

I don't think smart people or even people with economic sense would do it.... Although... Not everyone is smart or economical.... So.... ya... I guess you never know....

That's one of the reasons why I never did purchase WOW. The main reason however, if I purchased the game, I'd be hooked on it and I have zero self restraint with games such as WOW. #goodbyelife

With regards to the OS totally agree. The moment Microsoft implement this I'm moving to Apple (and that is me cutting my nose despite my face). They can shove their OS right up their backside, sideways.

That's one of the reasons why I never did purchase WOW. The main reason however, if I purchased the game, I'd be hooked on it and I have zero self restraint with games such as WOW. #goodbyelife

With regards to the OS totally agree. The moment Microsoft implement this I'm moving to Apple (and that is me cutting my nose despite my face). They can shove their OS right up their backside, sideways.

Tell me about it I wasted 5 years on that (and more than one account too!)
Also true story here my mate lost his wife and kids!! over that dam game!
No joke that is true o_O.

Seriously? That's just.... sad.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but how on earth would anyone allow a single game or any game(s) to control their life.

Yeah, I've heard some truly outrageous horror stories regarding that game and know one of my friend of a friend plays it.

Not sure how the game plays fluently, but he has multiple laptops setup specifically so they can sell items (whatever that means) it's beyond madness the setup they have and constantly moving from computer to laptop to other laptop selling items etc (whatever they need all that for).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Prob the most famous one :p

Oh and don't ask me about the remote part because I just do not know! lol :rolleyes:

1 word....

THERAPY

Lots and lots of therapy for that kid. Maybe some re-enforced parenting as well.

ROFLMAO - Sorry but I've only started reading the comments (almost crying with laughter here)

"0:21 Pigs Having Sex"

"0:15 Looking for the remote 0:19 Looking for the remote in the blanket 0:28 He thought if he flew he could find it but failed 0:36 Looks in the blanket again 0:47 Thought that if he could take off his clothes it would be there 0:51 Looks in the closet 1:00 thought it would be under the bed 1:03 is getting angry cause he cant find the remote 1:10 Found the remote now oh oh oh gosh damn 1:21 Forgot he found the remote and looks in his shoe 1:49 Remember it was on his bed the whole time."

"0:28 he think he's a whale?"

:LOL::cry:

Edit: I honestly think that kid is beyond therapy.

To be honest, I never normally like to go anywhere near Windows 8 bashing threads; I don't personally mind it. However, I feel compelled to point out what happened the last time everyone hated a Microsoft OS: They went back to the drawing board and created Windows 7, the best operating system Microsoft have ever created. If they can keep their fingers on the pulse of what people actually want for Blue, they might have a winner on their hands.
They didnt go back to the drawing board at all :/

Vista was replaced quickly due to it being terribly made, comparable to Windows ME.

Windows 7 was, for the most part a major 'patch' on Vista. Not any sort of rewrite. They simply fixed it and made it what Vista should have been.

I stopped using Windows when Vista came out. I'm sorry but its a dinosaur. It's the only major OS still using a closed kernel and base OS, the likes of Apple keep the core of the OS opensource for a reason - stability and compatibility. Windows is dying a slow death right now and the only way to keep it around is to try things like Metro - personally I feel they failed by keeping the desktop as an option - either go the whole hog or dont bother, people simply close metro and carry on using it as if it was Windows 7, thus negating any point in making apps for metro.

Microsoft always try to do things in the most complex, and poorly planned way as possible, refusing to 'share'. IE is a prime example, still using the terrible Trident rendering engine. Windows still using its NT framework, and relying on thousands of DLL libraries, with a dated registry design.

It's high time they got rid of Balmer, who we all know has zero idea when it comes to innovation, he's a corporate face, with a corporate mind, well past his useful stage. Sure in the 90s with the likes of 95, 98 and 2000 he was great for enterprise stuff, but when it comes to modern computing, he has no idea what people want.

Get some fresh faces in there, restructure the company (as its a very well known fact that nearly all Microsoft projects have failed to reach market due to a very bad atmosphere between departments, thus nobody works together to get anything done), and most importantly, rewrite Windows from the ground up. Look at Apple as an example here (and put to the side any hate/fanboyisms, I'm talking tech here). OS X was a fresh OS, based on NextStep, by making that switch, they created an OS that was highly flexible and has stood them well over the years. Because its Unix based there are a HUGE amount of developers able to contribute to the Darwin core. The fact that it has worked so well across PowerPC, Intel 64bit and ARM is a testament to a good OS foundation.

(Also, I do agree with you about Windows 7 - it was by far the best OS they have created, especially in terms of stability)

OMFG - ROFLMAO That must be fake?
I really, really hope it is faked, because otherwise, this poor kid needs some serious therapy.

For the record: I too play MMOs and have spent a considerable amount of $$ on subscription fees. I also know some stories where MMOs have seriously messed with the lives of people. Destroyed relationships, lost jobs and other sad things. For me, they're just another kind of entertainment - like watching a movie. I never play more than maybe one or two hours in a row and I don't even play every day.

Imho, it's a matter of mental strength. Everyone knows that many forms of gaming are dangerous and online games are not much different from playing blackjack, poker or wasting your money on slot machines. Gaming can be addictive and can seriously ruin a life. Most people are able to withstand the addictive component of games, but some are not.

Besides, the most addictive game I've ever played was not a MMO; it was Portal 2, the only game where I really felt that "come on, I need to finish one more level" urge :)

Top Bottom