1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 WinCache Configuration

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Louis Rushton, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Louis Rushton

Louis Rushton Member

Hi guys;

I have setup Wincache as per this thread https://xenforo.com/community/threads/wincache-support.6494/ as I assumed it should be (there wasn't anything else regarding WinCache that I could see)

There's no immediate difference to my sites speed - would I need to 'Rebuild Caches' in the backend?

EDIT: Still don't particularly see an improvement. Is there a better system for windows 2008r2, or have I missed somthing?
    What would be good is having the templates cached on say a 5 - 10 minute refresh.
    EDIT2: A page load time of 1.113 seconds seems a bit extreme...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Using WinCache in that way is unlikely to do too much to your load if it's already high.

It took over 5 seconds to load the basic cookie usage page, which is probably the simplest page in XF. The time is actually pretty consistently 5.16 +/- 0.02 seconds, which seems to imply there's something cause a delay consistently. (CSS seems to load in about 1.1 seconds.) This could imply network or DNS issues for example (network issues for internal communication with MySQL; DNS issues related to your server attempting to do a reverse DNS lookup). If the load on the server doesn't seem to be excessive, that's where I'd start.

3. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Where do you guys check the load time?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The browser tools network tab.