XF 2.2 Will upgrading to 2.2 ruin our theme?

surfsup

We are using the UIX pro theme latest version, if we upgrade to 2.2 xenforo would it break the entire site ?

The designers of the style are probably better placed to answer and they may be able to give you some indication as to when a compatible version of their style will be released.

You will at least have some outdated templates that will need merging or reverting but to what scale that may break stuff really depends on what specifically is conflicting.

You will at least have some outdated templates that will need merging or reverting but to what scale that may break stuff really depends on what specifically is conflicting.
My dev has some outdated templates but I haven't found anything actually breaking because of them. Something I'll rectify before taking 2.2 to my live, but no showstoppers that I can see. I'm running a custom style with Flat Awesome+ by PixelExit as the parent.

I'm actually using the Flare theme from @ThemeHouse (based on UI.X2, I believe?) on one forum and FlatAwesome+ on another, so neither forum will be getting an upgrade to 2.2 until those themes are also updated, which I'm sure they will be. I'd rather wait and have a smooth transition for members.

Before you upgrade, always ensure there are compatible versions of any add-ons and styles you have installed.

If possible, test the upgrade in a test/development site before doing it on your production site.

Reactions: mph
We still have a forum on XF 1.5 that I'll finally be upgrading to 2.1 in the next few weeks. (Long story, involving add-ons we needed but couldn't get right away.) Let's just say that in this final phase, I have been tweaking and testing the 2.1 upgrade for several months (on a private testing instance of the forum) and working out every bug that I can before we go live. And I'm anxious to get upgraded to 2.2 and start working on it, but I have to wait until we launch 2.1. On my smaller forums it is not a big deal, but I am working on one of ours for 2.1 and assisting with another, and they are both high-traffic forums. There is no way I'd blindly start upgrading anything without a lot of testing beforehand! Install it, choose the third party theme you want to use, install your add-ons, make adjustments and theme variations and test them relentlessly. That's the only way forward for me.

I noticed they had an update for the theme that mentions 2.2

Disabled non supported apps and went for it. Hour later, restored from a snapshot :ROFLMAO:

In TH defence their products are very good, well supported and they have a lot to maintain! I'll sit back and wait for things to progress a little :)

Running UI.X 2.2 (default with custom child theme) without any problems...

Manage to upgrade tonight and had minimal issues. Icons all seemed to be missing even on the text editor, switched to FA in options to solve that problem. Small issue with nodes which ive fixed with css

Last edited:
Top Bottom