Will there be another discount soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalupsis

Couldn't buy during the 24 hour sale, had to wait until Payday (tomorrow) before funds were available. Really hate that I missed it, but no choice, I'm on an extremely tight budget.

Will there be any future discounts or 24 hour sales in the near future? I'd love to get my hands on a license and start checking it out.

Kier, Mike and Ashley need to make a name for themselves? I don't think so.
27.gif

Edit: Apparantly the post I was replying to was removed.

The developers may have a name and I admit they do have a great name in the forum industry.
I'm just unsure on XENFORO itself. It is a relative unknown for anyone outside the vBulletin circle and even the future of XenForo is in question.

I may purchase but I am playing it safe in a wait and see game. I'll wait until the Final product is out and hopefully the lawsuit will be dropped.

It is a relative unknown for anyone outside the vBulletin circle
I'm not sure that's correct.

All of the major forum software comapnies and their users are well aware of XenForo.
Even those who currently use free software (phpBB) like myself.

The developers may have a name and I admit they do have a great name in the forum industry.
I'm just unsure on XENFORO itself. It is a relative unknown for anyone outside the vBulletin circle and even the future of XenForo is in question.

I may purchase but I am playing it safe in a wait and see game. I'll wait until the Final product is out and hopefully the lawsuit will be dropped.
No one can blame you for playing it safe. I wish you the best. Don't get jealous when you see the rest of us playing in the sandbox with our xenForo's lol :D [i am yet to purchase mine]

No one can blame you for playing it safe. I wish you the best. Don't get jealous when you see the rest of us playing in the sandbox with our xenForo's lol :D [i am yet to purchase mine]
Ohh that is fine. I have 10 IP.Board licenses that I play with and right now XF does look good. But again, I will wait and see...hope that XF will still be around in a months time.

I started with vBulletin back in 2003 and stayed until 2008. I came back around and purchased vBulletin 4, ouch. Shouldn't have done that. Sold it for $50 (the full suite)

Our sale offer was for those who were around sufficiently early to take up the opportunity of adopting early and there will not be another or other sales in the near future.

You're exactly right. I mean, why would they get a discount when they haven't been following the product on an every day basis. There's no reason the typical customer should be able to get a discount. It's a reward for the hardcore fans. Casual customers whom might be interested in the software but are unwilling to commit shouldn't be rewarded. The more people we can exclude from purchasing at a discount the better.

I'm wondering why would people who are unwilling to commit should be rewarded?

If people are here semi-regularly, even if not posting, they'd have known about the sale. Seeing as how it was a huge success, I'd say that alot of "typical people" were able to get in on the sale.

Does vB or IPB run sales every few weeks or months? Not that I know of.

You're exactly right. I mean, why would they get a discount when they haven't been following the product on an every day basis. There's no reason the typical customer should be able to get a discount. It's a reward for the hardcore fans. Casual customers whom might be interested in the software but are unwilling to commit shouldn't be rewarded. The more people we can exclude from purchasing at a discount the better.
The price was announced Sept 20 and went on sale Oct 5.

Considering all the publicity on other forums, it wasn't exactly a secret.
It was nice of them to offer a license at a $40 discount which they didn't need to.

Kier, Mike and Ashley, you may stop reading now.
I bet almost as many licenses would have been sold at $140.00. I would have still bought 2 @ $140.00.

Does vB or IPB run sales every few weeks or months?

To answer your question, IPB has offered discounts on their products roughly 6 times in the last 12 months. My memory may be a little fuzzy. But in May, July and August they had various discounts right off the top of my head and I belive there are at least 3 other instances when they offered various types of discounts in the 6 months prior to that.

You do know some people DO have to work for a living, raise a family etc and thus may not be able to be here everyday as others are? Your post is not cool at all.

I myself am waiting and will get it when a conversion for my forum script is available. Plus i am very busy as is and really dont have the time yet to dedicate myself to it. I must admit though that seeing your post and a couple of others really makes me wanna rethink if i wanna be a part of a community such as yourselves. Hopefully the developers here stay away from the fanboyism because i strongly believe that is why vB ended up going down the tubes.

<snip>Hopefully the developers here stay away from the fanboyism because i strongly believe that is why vB ended up going down the tubes.
Yeah. That's it.
Had nothing to do with the product we were handed after buying into a presale for site [sic] unseen software that BTW, still does not work properly. Everything will be OK in v4.1. Yeah, right.

Yeah. That's it.
Had nothing to do with the product we were handed after buying into a presale for site [sic] unseen software that BTW, still does not work properly. Everything will be OK in v4.1. Yeah, right.

Oh i know the product itself stinks.. was not trying to suggest otherwise. This is superior.. My thing is about those making it out to be more then need be and developers taking it as a sign that they can ignore everyone else and jack prices or put out a crappy product.. Yes people even developers tend to get caught up in such stuff.
Thus hopefully that wont happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom