Will there be another discount soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalupsis

Couldn't buy during the 24 hour sale, had to wait until Payday (tomorrow) before funds were available. Really hate that I missed it, but no choice, I'm on an extremely tight budget.

Will there be any future discounts or 24 hour sales in the near future? I'd love to get my hands on a license and start checking it out.

Hawaii was a state at the time.
that's not even the point. even if it was not a state (which it is).
you are either a citizen or a non-citizen there is no such thing as an illegal citizen, unless you are referring to something else :mad: (Sorry mods but I want to curse. idiot)

that's not even the point. even if it was not a state (which it is).
you are either a citizen or a non-citizen there is no such thing as an illegal citizen, unless you are referring to something else :mad: (Sorry mods but I want to curse. idiot)
I understand, that's why I said it was an oxymoron.
Back to our regular scheduled arguing discussion.

Charging others for a Beta release, just smacks of the same thing that Vbulletin did with version 4 and that left a sour taste in many site owners mouths when that happened, all I see is similar happening here making a grab for money.

There's a huge difference - XF is upfront over the fact that this IS a beta quality release. Also, the 12-month license period does not begin until XF goes final. I think that's fair. If you feel apprehension towards paying for a beta release, then don't. It's that simple really.

vB on the other hand took our money and released a product that although deemed by management as "final," reeks of beta quality as evidenced by the myriad of bugs.

Is there a estimated timeframe goal for 1.0 gold?

There's a huge difference
I bought two of the vb4 presales licenses. For me it is actually 3 facets:
1.) the presale itself of something that doesn't exist yet - I felt fine about this because vbulletin in vbulletin's case and these developers in xen's case have provided me with great software in the past. A difference here is that with xenForo I could download and install and start playing with the software in its current form right away.
2.) the 'when' factor for when it goes "gold" and is labeled production-ready.
3.) labeling : alpha, beta, rc, gold and the meaning of "gold" vs. "fast release schedule" with continual bug fixes.

If there is another sale for xenforo, it could always be just slightly higher than the first early adoper sale, say $110 or $115 to make everyone feel good about it.

I missed the sale price by a few hours...I think its fine for someone to ask about possible future sales. But, if you missed the sale, chose not to take advantage of it, or whatever, then I don't see being upset about it. If the sale were made permanent, it is no longer a sale, it is a new price. As a general matter, I would have preferred to pay less. However, in this one instance, I was happy to support a new project that looks promising and is fun to be on board with from the early stages.

Not saying I am "right" here or that others opinions aren't valid. Just offering my take on the situation.

Yes there should have been an e-mail announcement. Many people had even asked for it. Its poor planning and sensitivity on part of the xenforo developers.
The date was set when the sale would commence. It was a 24 hour period so you did not need to wait at your computer.
If someone wants to take part of the pre-sale, they need to some responsibility. Stick a post-it note on your computer if it's that important.
I consider the pre-sale a gift as I would have bought 2 licenses anyway.

Edit: Plus subscribe to important threads.

If there is another sale for xenforo, it could always be just slightly higher than the first early adoper sale, say $110 or $115 to make everyone feel good about it.
And thereby alienating and penalising all those who didn't purchase in the first 24 hours but did purchase at the higher price of $140?

A couple of things here that ive picked up on.

1. Alpha testers signed an NDA not to discuss it - period. There was no specific stipulation about style, compatibility or problems.
Normally, Alpha testers would be allowed to discuss the product once it enters the Beta test period, but not in this case. In fact I don't know that the Alpha NDA has ever been lifted, as I have not seen anyone openly discuss their experiences in this program. It's certainly not because they didn't have anything to say. They were outspoken in their concerns for the future of vBulletin and the maturity of the software.

I'm in the unique position of having extensively read (and saved) the Alpha test forum, yet having never signed an NDA to do so. Some day the vBulletin staff will figure out the permissions of their own software.
2. Im not really sure what relevance a lack of specific feature comparison is, or why its so important you needed to bold it ?
Because to date, vBulletin has never posted a list of features unique to vBulletin 4. I find it interesting how many thousands of people bought vBulletin 4 having never truly had an opportunity to compare it feature-for-feature with vBulletin 3.x. If they had, IB would not be in the comfortable financial position they're in now.

I missed the 24-hour $100 open window for a new license, so may I ask if you will ever have another window of opportunity for us to purchase the product at the $100 discounted rate?

Thanks in advance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom