Will there be New Year's discount?

I think a lot of people forget....

The reason that companies can offer seasonal discounts and random promotions...is because that discount has already been accounted for by markup on the original retail cost. They also do deals with big companies for advertising a sales price in retail advertisements...even if you are paying money to discount a product as a manufacturer, if you offer a chain store the promotion exclusively you can work your way into a favorable placement in the sunday edition of whatever paper has that flyer inserted. Discount becomes written off as paid advertising.

Regardless.... those are just meaningless examples to this situation as XenForo is run by three people and not some huge corporation.

Xenforo is the only distributor of Xenforo. They have priced their product/services at a very reasonable rate. There isn't even anything close, even at double the price. Xenforo is the first software title for a web server that I actually got what I paid for. I don't feel like they bloated the price to give themselves room to breathe.

I feel like when they came up with the price they sat down and evaluated their product and asked, "how much would I be happy to pay for this?" and not, "how much money can I make off of this". That is my opinion but it is the impression I get given what I have seen happen and said here for over a year now in regards to the product itself.

To me it seems they have eliminated all of the drama and time consuming energy it takes to do custom 1 time deals and random promotions and all the negativity that can spawn from it (take for instance you buy something today, tomorrow there is a special...you may prolong the wait to buy a second license to hold out for a deal..or you're the hobbyist who operates out of pocket and you feel like, damn I could have saved X dollars by waiting ) simply by not doing occasional random promotions.

Whatever it is...this is the best deal for the best product in class around and my opinion has not changed since I got my copy on the day xenforo was made publicly available.

Sometimes though you can generate more money made from sales of an item that day by offering a reduced sale price, than you normally would have made still selling at full price. Some people will buy because they see a bargain to be had, even if they don't really need it. Who otherwise would not have thought twice about buying at all, and it's not as cut and dry like some are putting it.

Think about Boxing Day sales and how many people go out buying shop bargains, that otherwise would have stopped at home buying nothing.

Think about Boxing Day sales and how many people go out buying shop bargains, that otherwise would have stopped at home buying nothing.
I think the keywords maybe bargains.
XF Ltd offer one product and a good one at that.I think that's already been mentioned.
I might buy another license if the price was reduced on an impulse and to support XF, but if I had a need for another license now, I would not hesitate to purchase another license now.

Let's just get everything for free, I guess the workers should work for free too. Hmmm, will everyone still want to work? Some will but I think they will be the minority. Suddenly there is not much for free since not much is being made. Hmmm, does not work too well.

Top Bottom