Will 1.1 be unveiled here first?

Dodgeboard

Just curious if 1.1 will be installed on Xenforo.com prior to being available for download, or will it be like Obamacare, where we have to "enact it to know what's in it".

I love 1.0 and would like to test-drive any updates prior to installing them. Will that be possible?

Also, if "last edited by..." is included, will we be able to switch that off? I'm a secret mod and don't want anyone to know I'm also the admin. This is something that has been worrying me.

(sorry to those that dread another 1.1 thread, but I didn't feel it belonged under the "when?" thread)

I don't like the "edited by..." either. At least not publicly. I wish that had more control to it - such as being viewed by mods, viewable by admins, or viewable by mods and admins. Ya know, the like.

Knowing vBulletin, that would have been done - and that was a turn-off in the vb4 series.

It's not for me to say what the plans are for 1.1, I'll leave that to Mike or Kier.

My point still stands though, you should be testing new releases on a test installation of your own site. Only that way can you determine what impact it will have on any existing mods or add-ons, template edits, etc.

OK - fair enough.

What about the second part...? I thought I read something about "Last edited by" being included. Will that be able to be switched OFF? If you don't know or can't say, that's fine too.

Maybe someone (Jake?) will come up with an SQL script that will save me and make all my edited posts as a common member appear as the admin.

And just an FYI, some versions of xenforo has been "updated" before the release of that particular version.

Some of them were after, but all in all... Major releases are usually the ones that get upgraded before release.

Top Bottom