1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will 1.1 be unveiled here first?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Dodgeboard, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Just curious if 1.1 will be installed on Xenforo.com prior to being available for download, or will it be like Obamacare, where we have to "enact it to know what's in it".

I love 1.0 and would like to test-drive any updates prior to installing them. Will that be possible?

Also, if "last edited by..." is included, will we be able to switch that off? I'm a secret mod and don't want anyone to know I'm also the admin. This is something that has been worrying me.

(sorry to those that dread another 1.1 thread, but I didn't feel it belonged under the "when?" thread)
    Peggy likes this.
  2. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

Oh you gonna get in trouble!
    Peggy likes this.
  3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I don't like the "edited by..." either. At least not publicly. I wish that had more control to it - such as being viewed by mods, viewable by admins, or viewable by mods and admins. Ya know, the like.

Knowing vBulletin, that would have been done - and that was a turn-off in the vb4 series.
    Dodgeboard likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You are permitted a test installation under the terms of your license so you can test any new releases that way.

Was it really necessary to start yet another 1.1 thread?
  5. Dodgeboard

So the answer is.."No, it will not be installed here first...?" :confused:

Well, do you think this belongs in the "When will 1.1 be released?" thread? I didn't. If you do, then you can always move it. :)
  6. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

I do like "edited by..." because it shows members who has edited a post and why - saves SO many PMs/emails between mods and members.
    steven s, Vilandra and kyrgyz like this.
  7. Brogan

I didn't say that.
  8. Dodgeboard

Don't know, or not telling?
  9. Brogan

It's not for me to say what the plans are for 1.1, I'll leave that to Mike or Kier.

My point still stands though, you should be testing new releases on a test installation of your own site. Only that way can you determine what impact it will have on any existing mods or add-ons, template edits, etc.
  10. Dodgeboard

OK - fair enough.

What about the second part...? I thought I read something about "Last edited by" being included. Will that be able to be switched OFF? If you don't know or can't say, that's fine too.

Maybe someone (Jake?) will come up with an SQL script that will save me and make all my edited posts as a common member appear as the admin.
  11. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

The first rule about xF 1.1 is...
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

For this question, yes. It didn't belong in the other thread(s). :)
  13. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

1.1 will roll out onto xenforo.com/community first.
    Veer, Ranger375, vbtwist and 13 others like this.
  14. Dodgeboard

Thanks Kier!
  15. Floris

Floris Guest

Easy question, easy answer.
    Peggy and jonsidneyb like this.
  16. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

And just an FYI, some versions of xenforo has been "updated" before the release of that particular version.

Some of them were after, but all in all... Major releases are usually the ones that get upgraded before release.