WikiPost

WikiPost [Paid] 1.0.4

No permission to buy ($40.00)

JulianD

JulianD submitted a new resource:

WikiPost - Let your members edit the first post of any thread in your community

This is a simple but effective addon to increase collaboration in your community. First of all, this is not a full blown Wiki in the sense that it doesn't support most of the features of those systems and it's generally not aimed at forums that require a dedicated Wiki section. If you're looking for something more similar to that, there are currently a lot of different existing solutions right now:

Read more about this resource...

nice! Looks amazing. We have a more limited custom version of this we had built, but this looks like it will be more fully featured.

I've found this functionality super valuable as it gives users more control over maintaining content.

arn

nice! Looks amazing. We have a more limited custom version of this we had built, but this looks like it will be more fully featured.

I've found this functionality super valuable as it gives users more control over maintaining content.

arn
Hey!

Thank you very much for your purchase!

Please let me know what do you think about the product, any suggestions/bug reports, anything you want me to improve and I'll do my best to implement it.

Also, since I'm not a native English speaker, there may be phrases which could be improved too. Let me know about those and I'll get them introduced to the product.

Cheers!

It might be nice if the wiki behaves like the 2.2 new suggestion thread and so the first post is shown at the top of every page of the thread

@JulianD seems there's no way to make a thread a wiki when posting it? It has to be done after the fact? I think that's harder to discover.

The thread_list_macros template replacement doesn't work for UIX themes

Instead of
Code:
<div class="structItem-title">

UIX has this:
Code:
<div class="structItem-title" uix-data-href="{{ link('threads' . (($thread.isUnread() AND !$forceRead) ? '/unread' : ''), $thread) }}">

So changing the regex and replacement to this worked

Code:
/<div class="structItem-title"(.*?)>(.*?)<\/div>/si

Code:
<div class="structItem-title"$1>
    $2
    <xf:if is="$thread.isWikiPost() && $xf.options.wikiPostEnableWikiPrefix">
        <span class="label label--primary label--smallest">{{ phrase('wikipost') }}</span>
    </xf:if>
</div>

Also, it might be nice for the WikiPost label to link to the list of wiki posts

The thread_list_macros template replacement doesn't work for UIX themes

Instead of
Code:
<div class="structItem-title">

UIX has this:
Code:
<div class="structItem-title" uix-data-href="{{ link('threads' . (($thread.isUnread() AND !$forceRead) ? '/unread' : ''), $thread) }}">

So changing the regex and replacement to this worked

Code:
/<div class="structItem-title"(.*?)>(.*?)<\/div>/si

Code:
<div class="structItem-title"$1>
    $2
    <xf:if is="$thread.isWikiPost() && $xf.options.wikiPostEnableWikiPrefix">
        <span class="label label--primary label--smallest">{{ phrase('wikipost') }}</span>
    </xf:if>
</div>

Also, it might be nice for the WikiPost label to link to the list of wiki posts
Thanks for the heads up! I will include those in the next release.

Edit: Already tested with one of my UIX powered themes:

1595627046351.png

Works great , thanks @arn for the fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: arn
Can you add an option to remove the user info/postbit area of the first post in the thread? Here's an example of a wiki page I created using template edits:

but obviously your addon has a lot more options!

Can you add an option to remove the user info/postbit area of the first post in the thread? Here's an example of a wiki page I created using template edits:

but obviously your addon has a lot more options!
Yes, there's an option to disable the WikiAuthors feature. And if you have any suggestion regarding it, please let me know!

1595700407761.webp

I am more interested in multilingualism, since I am in Europe, jaxel refused to do this in his wiki, do you have this implemented?

Top Bottom