WikiLeaks founder charged with rape and molestation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is confidential information available to people who are trusted with them who signed a contract to not disclose the information privileged to them, they are breaking contract.

Saying that it is ok to break these contracts because of personal opinion, does not sound ok to me.

Don't confuse binding contracts with whistle blowing.

If there is confidential information available to people who are trusted with them who signed a contract to not disclose the information privileged to them, they are breaking contract.

Saying that it is ok to break these contracts because of personal opinion, does not sound ok to me.

Don't confuse binding contracts with whistle blowing.

The major issue with this whole situation was: Manning didn't have the proper clearance for what he released, and he put lives in jeopardy.

OP though, its not unknown for the United States to do this, and they've been known to do this consistently in the last 15+ years.

Oh well, knowing you put confidential info public, you know the risks that can come with it.
Shrug, :)

Oh well, knowing you put confidential info public, you know the risks that can come with it.
Shrug, :)
Them going after Assange is against his freedom of speech; he's allowed to release that information, and he -should- have released it.

However, the whole information relating to civilian informants and soldiers puts people at risk, and Manning should be held accountable, though not executed for treason (Which is what the upper crust is trying to do).

I can not believe all this media and drama around all of this, if he had permission to publicly publish and share that information. For me, it's not worth a discussion really, morals and common sense is something that should have been in his decision. I know nothing about the situation, nor you or others who are not directly involved, or know the people that release info or run the site. We're just all proud opinion sharers, based on assumptions and misinformation.

The media blows up everything into a great fiasco so they get more ratings; known fact.

Manning -didn't- have permission in anyway to publish or share that information, in anyway. He chose to release it on his own initiative, and it can lead to the death of innocent civilian informants, and soldiers. He also knew what could and likely will happen when he released it. Releasing some of the things would have been fine, but he's released things that he needs to be held accountable for, though what they want to do is outrageous and over the top.

I've gotten tired of the discussions as well, people are either saying "LIK OMGZ KILL THA D00D BC HE'S A TERRORIZT!", or saying there is nothing wrong with what he's done. I'm in the middle; I think he did something wrong, but he shouldn't be killed over it.

I also believe Assange did what was proper, though the releasing of names was a bit more then needed, however WikiLeaks won't usually withhold information, nor will they edit it.

...sometimes one must do wrong to do right, to secure the safety of a people as a whole could mean putting yourself in harms way.

If there was no truth to it there wouldn't be a problem..

and for the record http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
the US gov is not against the slaughter of the innocent so a single person shouldn't even be a question.

As to those charges...well if they were to simply off him they would make him a martyr and prove his case in point, rather whether or not the charges stick and he is sentenced his reputation is tarnished in the eyes of many and you can't fool everyone but if you fool the right ones the rest fall behind. The battle here is for public support. As was said certain docs should have been censored due to the safety of those agents in deep behind enemy lines. But at the same time when my country's founders felt the need to establish the distinguishing lines of freedom, they changed the rules. The first of the soldiers many of which stayed at valley forge through that winter had for the most part no formal training or shoes for that matter. When a great military mind from Europe was ousted due to his personal life choices he came to America and trained the rebels. He marveled at how in every other country soldiers do what they're told period. But here he needed to not only instruct them, but tell them why it had to be that way. That way of thinking is gone and whenever someone stands up and asks why they get attacked like THEY are terrorists. No human should exercise control over another and people should make that the priority of they're mindset when they choose to interact with the rest of society.

All I'm saying is a soldier of the united states military swears to fight to defend the constitution of the united states and it's freedoms. Watch History Channels America the History of US and understand what I'm relating this to. The whistle blowing soldier broke his oath to silence by leaking the info... but he swore in to be an enlisted man first and a citizen before eyes only promises. Any violation of those inalienable rights of a citizen supercedes a military agreement. Americans are born with the guarantee to our redress of grievances and that's what he was providing regardless his tact in doing so. To further that the level of influence this country possesses means it's even more of a citizens responsibility to be aware of the way things work (thanks David Macaulay for this childhood favorite)

What that soldier did was treason, plain and simple. He put his fellow soldiers at great risk during a time of war by providing military secrets that he knew would end up in the hands of the enemy. In the not so distant past he would have been executed for his acts. You can try and rationalize it and make sound all noble and whatever, but the truth of the matter is he's a POS traitor.

In the not so distant past americans executed british officials in the colonies to establish freedom...if his being privy to information made him aware that people in control are doing things adverse to what the point of having a military is ( to secure your way of life ) then who is really treasonous here him or his handlers
?

also it used to be punishable by death for a Spanish settler to sell a tobacco seed to an American settler from England. Whoever broke the law risked execution as well and the offspring of that was the economy that boomed Jamestown. A psychiatrist has to abide by doctor patient privilege UNLESS it poses risk of injury or death to ANYONE not just one person the ramifications of this information being kept secret and all hitting the fan down the road could be the catalyst for wwIII.

See the first line of my first post.

one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter...
but since you want to use the book version plain text traitor lets play with that.

Jaywalking is a terrosist offense..
by defenition as per the patriot act which has apparently superceded and perverted the constitution: An act which is a local state or federal crime that endangers oneself or others. Jaywalking is a terroist act now. I rest my case.

Ps for that matter what makes it our right to be in the middle east in the first place or decide to have africom stationed over there. take what you said and superimpose it over a population. Our whole population is over there like sorry your doing it this way now.... i have to ask where do you get your defining terms from.

I always find it funny that a country is build based on some basic principles, but that this power of that constitution means nothing, as patriot act has shown. Which acts like a free for all cheat code for running a country and allows for horrible things to (relatively) innocent people. "Daddy, I can't win this fight, oh, just use the Patriot Act son, that will McHammer the situation".

I always find it funny that a country is build based on some basic principles, but that this power of that constitution means nothing, as patriot act has shown. Which acts like a free for all cheat code for running a country and allows for horrible things to (relatively) innocent people. "Daddy, I can't win this fight, oh, just use the Patriot Act son, that will McHammer the situation".
Floris you are ABSO-FRICKEN-LUTELY right in this.

See here is the problem though America is relatively new we have experienced as much erosion as the face of the earth itself (slight stretch) and this melting pot as it's put has been a ever burning crucible since the inception of the idea that all men are created equal and the contents of that smoldering cauldron is the people. Forced to head on take issues that other countries simply ignored for hundreds of years because they were controlled by a ruling elite. What has happened is in giving everyone an equal voice... they all got absorbed into their M.O. , not a society as a whole... just take slavery for example. Now I am born of first generation of my bloodline in the United States and my father immigrating in the 70's means we saw no slavery and have no involved history with it... but the tensions are still here and over time have felt at times made to feel guilty for something my family and I had nothing to do with. Biases and grudges roam the land and all too many people would rather say your paranoid than talk it out. So I suggested to myself , what if I take responsibility as a citizen to understand the feelings of a man/woman feeling wronged by the "freedom lands wrath" , I soon found that by humbling myself and accepting that I along with the sons and daughters of slaves are now playing on the same team and have the same coach and that they and I alike must accept responsibility to a degree because at the time they did not foresee the ramifications of racial dissonance and the fact that we can now makes us the first step in an America without slavery and until all the people in this land can agree with each other we wont be focusing on problems that can seriously impact the world on a global level. If you apply that to anything ... the basic point is if we don't stick to the guiding principles and don't dilute each others existence with our own. Our strength that comes from individualism will die by the double edge sword that it is.

In closing your right Floris we're all playing contra and someone has the up up down down left right left right b a b a start as the header of their control manual.

That said, I don't know enough about any of these topics, so it's just an opinion based on assumptions. And I am European, not American, so I can't have a feel for the culture. So my opinion is short sighted based on the media I am fed :)

and thats the reason i support forums so much. do you know how many people i have met on forums and talked to on skype that have the most ridiculous stories that they believe are true about Americans. It makes me laugh. But to be honest I only classify myself american by location. We are all human and until we agree on that and that we are all equal because of that regardless of color or creed we probably don't need to look long or hard for examples portending the future. Until that happens it will be a viscious cycle of people doing wrong and people making up for it.. and the fallout of confusion of people who all heard different stories @ different wavelengths viewing the vision of it with eyes biased from there past exposures to life itself such as in the case with the reason this post is here.

Places like this allow people from all walks of life to commune on relevant world issues as well as witless banter and everything in between translators even break language barriers somewhat (accuracy is something to be desired)

and for the record..
So my opinion is short sighted based on the media I am fed :)

and this is the most clutch thing said in this post.

The charges are of the worst possible kind, the kind that haunt you even if you are proven innocent. This reeks of character assassination and I believe is one method they're currently employing to discredit Wikileaks as a whole.

What do you guys think about this whole situation? :confused:

shortform synopsis.

I think this is going to get dragged out until they need another scapegoat for x action they need to happen and he will get blamed and they will somehow apply non-logic in a way that upraises or confuses the people long enough to handle their agenda. And then some guy with a lot of metal on his chest is going to be the hero who facing an impossible enemy succeeds in eliminating the threat Bottom line is he is one man and that is an army... and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up "murder-suicide-ed" over (condescending tone) grief due to his unwise actions. (end condescension)

Unfortunately there are exceptions to the rules. For example, any student in the United States gives up their constitutional rights when they enter school grounds. They can search our cars, lockers, personal belongings, person, etc. all without needing any sort of warrant or judicial sanction, which is a direct violation of the Third Amendment. While it's not "right," sometimes exceptions to the rule have to be made in order to maintain a working and properly functioning country.

Anyways, there are some pretty crazy theories regarding Assange, and especially the insurance file. What's interesting about the insurance file is how it is encrypted. First of all, based on the encryption method used, even if you had something like 100 billion computers working simultaneously, it would still take longer than the entire lifetime of the universe to crack the thing (not accounting for any increase in computing power, but still - there's no way this thing is going to be cracked in the next 10,000 years). Which means that the only way the contents will be revealed is if 1) the key is released or 2) there is a backdoor or hole in the AES encryption mechanism that would allow someone to decrypt the contents without brute-forcing the key. The interesting thing is that the AES encryption mechanism was developed by the NSA (National Security Agency), and there are some people in cryptography circles that believe that the NSA would never publicly release any encryption method that they did not have a backdoor to or could not secretly crack. So it is real data, something shocking in case something happens to Assange? Or is it just a bluff, designed to keep the NSA busy? Or is it something else? One thing's for sure: if anyone can crack it, it would be the NSA.

And then there are the people who think that Assange is a three-letter-agency (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) plant, that Wikileaks is just a front, and that the US government is tracking each and every download of the "leaked" documents to find and trace the locations of the government's enemy cyber command centers/networks. :eek:

I'm actually surprised he didn't just disappear or mysteriously die of a heart-attack or such.
I think it would be pretty obvious what "actually happened." People would have serious questions and I'm actually betting that right now the government is afraid that he might actually die in a car accident or from health complications or something, and they'll be left with everyone looking at them.

Well sometime today Wikileaks is supposed to release a classified CIA newspaper (the CIA has an internal newspaper that details whats going on in 'their world' to make information flow easier) so that should prove somewhat interesting. I wonder what classified material they're going to gripe about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom