Widget Threads Enhancement

Widget Threads Enhancement [Paid] 2.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Quick question - let's say I choose 100 recent threads, will it do pagenave as seen in thread list or show all the 100 threads?

It might be quite an obscure question. For the expanded view - Would it be possible to show the first attachment / cover image on the left of the expanded text?

If there's no limit - Then it will show the full thread and can be quite large. If you change the text limit to say - 500 characters - there's no image.

Maybe a layout like this ?

1631232571745.webp

Hi :)
Thanks for your excellent add-on. We bought it a few days ago and already have a Hot threads page up and running under whats-new...

Currently when I choose to show the most replied threads with a cutoff of 7 days- I get a list of threads who were started within 7 days, ordered by most replied first. I would like to be able to choose the most replied threads even if they were started more than 7 days ago, given their last reply is within 7 days.

Is this possible?

Thanks!!

Hi Truonglv, I would like to know if this addon have this feature.
Maybe not, but can be useful to add.
The option should make the widgets sidebar adaptive, this mean that when you add the sidebar to the threads pages for example,
the sidebar is adaptive to the page, so you haven't to select how many items must be in the sidebar, because them are loaded automatically to fit always the space availablle in that kind of pages (on desktop version).
This is useful because in the case we add a sidebar to the threads pages (always for example, or also to some section) each different page have never the same lenght, so if you set a number of items that fit in a page, it will not fit in another one that has different dimension, in this case a page of a thread that have only one post is more short of a page that has 10, so setting the widget with a number of items never fit in the same way in all the pages and is really ugly and doesn't permit to use the widget in many part of the site.
So if the widjet in the sidebar will be adaptive to each page where is added, it will always fit perfectly for the entire page in each place where is loaded.
Is it possilble to add this function?

Suggestion for this add-on... a great addition to the list of thread "types" would be Watched Threads:

1635265644959.webp

This way, the user can get a quick glimpse of the most recent activity in the threads they're watching, with a link to the full list of their watched threads. I'd love to use this in the sidebar in some places as well as on our homepage.

@truonglv

How do you enable pagination on the widgets?

Never mind, I figured it out. Would have preferred actual pages, but it's still a great improvement over the default new threads widgets. (y)

Last edited:
FYI, for anyone who likes the article view for new threads, but would rather have the link below the excerpts read something like "View full thread" (or whatever) instead of "View full article," the phrase you need to search for is "view_full_article." Might be old news for some of you, but I had a hard time finding it, myself.

Just wondering if you were going to add more types?
Example: Top Liked
Top (etc.)
Add-on still looks amazing, just wondering if you were going to add more types, that are centered around Site members' activity and achievements on the site.

Could someone post an example of the Article display type widget please? I assume it shows the images as the main focus? (Can it exclude threads without an image?)

Edit: And second question - if you set a thread criteria and there are no results, will the widget auto hide, or will it just show "No results"/something similar?

Last edited:
Could someone post an example of the Article display type widget please? I assume it shows the images as the main focus? (Can it exclude threads without an image?)

Edit: And second question - if you set a thread criteria and there are no results, will the widget auto hide, or will it just show "No results"/something similar?
The design may looks same as XF display article threads.

Request:

New type "Threads with less than X replies"

I have widget at the top of my site which shows threads from the newbie section with no replies. This is great as members can quickly say hello to a newbie, but after one reply they are gone! So for me, this new type would be great - I could set it to "less than 5 replies", then a few people could say hello to the newbie before it's forgotten :)

Thinking about it, maybe it would be nicer as a limit option like the "thread cutoff" one.

That way we could choose " latest threads" or "random threads" for different use cases.

Top Bottom