Widget Threads Enhancement

Widget Threads Enhancement [Paid] 2.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi @truonglv :)
I have an issue with displaying the threads:
I have a list of 15 threads I want to be shown in the widget forever.
I set up the widget to show the Most viewed (as I didn't think it mattered. I want to show them all)
and only threads with the prefix I wanted.
I set up the "Cache TTL" to 0.

But for some reason the widget is displayed for some time and then it disappears.
Why is it not displayed always?

Thanks!

EDIT: could it be a permission issue, as not all the users have permission to view all the threads I have in the widget?
EDIT2: In a given time, it seems some users from the same user group can view it while others can't...

Last edited:
Hi @truonglv :)
I have an issue with displaying the threads:
I have a list of 15 threads I want to be shown in the widget forever.
I set up the widget to show the Most viewed (as I didn't think it mattered. I want to show them all)
and only threads with the prefix I wanted.
I set up the "Cache TTL" to 0.

But for some reason the widget is displayed for some time and then it disappears.
Why is it not displayed always?

Thanks!

EDIT: could it be a permission issue, as not all the users have permission to view all the threads I have in the widget?
EDIT2: In a given time, it seems some users from the same user group can view it while others can't...
Users belong to multiple groups so it may be different. If you want to display same threads for everyone, you may use Guest permissions.

Users belong to multiple groups so it may be different. If you want to display same threads for everyone, you may use Guest permissions.
Actually no, I'm taking about members who have the exact same usergroups, yet the thread (which is static for each usergroup, and does not change at all) is not always visible...

Any idea why this would happen?

I have hundreds of server errors what is causing this? I have a title and key entered. I did update the title and key but that should not cause it. It is saved with both.

• Error: Error rendering widget: Value of type null is not callable
  • src/addons/Truonglv/WidgetThreadEnhance/Widget/Threads.php:196
  • Generated by:
  • Aug 27, 2022 at 12:59 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/Truonglv/WidgetThreadEnhance/Widget/Threads.php(128): Truonglv\WidgetThreadEnhance\Widget\Threads->getTitleRaw()
#1 internal_data/code_cache/widgets/_*****: Truonglv\WidgetThreadEnhance\Widget\Threads->render()
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7653): XF\SubContainer\Widget->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/SubContainer/Widget.php(168): XF\Template\Templater->renderWidgetClosure(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1936): XF\SubContainer\Widget->getCompiledWidget(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_overview_wrapper.php(11): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('forum_overview_...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1048): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_overview_...', Array, false)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1666): XF\Template\Templater->applyWrappedTemplate('

...')
#9 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_list', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Listin...', 'public:forum_li...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["referrer"] => string(50) "https://*thread*"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

It happens when you select the following locations:
forum overview top
+
forum list above nodes (combined)

If you only select one (as should be anyway since similar zones), the error is gone.

Last edited:
hey, bought this addon and i like it
do you accept new suggestions? i use it along with siropus recent posts so i guess some of its features would be great to implement

1 for full style - display last post excerpt option under the title with limitation
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
2 scrollbar option with height
great for making compact widgets
3 is it doable to pin certain specific thread (or threads) for a widget?
live example now on https://findozor.net/ru/forum/ (bottom part)
where 1st tab is siropus addon and last tab is this addon i trying to customize to look the same

Last edited:
i found that maximum title length limit doesnt work whatever i set it shows full title

i found that maximum title length limit doesnt work whatever i set it shows full title
I cannot see your image links. Can you upload it here?

Can this do "most replied" in the past month?

Also... Will this show thread titles (but not content) of threads that are in forums set to "view thread content - no"?

Can this do "most replied" in the past month?

Also... Will this show thread titles (but not content) of threads that are in forums set to "view thread content - no"?
Yes widget offers days limit.

Yes. It will work with some widget layouts.

@truonglv getting this error when uninstalling! Please help :(
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'bsi.xf_wte_widget_cache' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 291
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->delete() in src/addons/Truonglv/WidgetThreadEnhance/Repository/Cache.php at line 96
  7. Truonglv\WidgetThreadEnhance\Repository\Cache->invalidate() in src/addons/Truonglv/WidgetThreadEnhance/Widget/Threads.php at line 314
  8. Truonglv\WidgetThreadEnhance\Widget\Threads->postDelete() in src/XF/Entity/Widget.php at line 123
  9. XF\Entity\Widget->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1659
  10. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/XF/Entity/WidgetDefinition.php at line 166
  11. XF\Entity\WidgetDefinition->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1659
  12. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 124
  13. XF\AddOn\DataType\AbstractDataType->deleteEntity() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 110
  14. XF\AddOn\DataType\AbstractDataType->deleteAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnUninstallData.php at line 52
  15. XF\Job\AddOnUninstallData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 260
  16. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 202
  17. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 118
  18. XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 122
  19. XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  20. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  21. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  22. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  23. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  24. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  25. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom