1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widget Section in Resources

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Joeychgo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

Suggestion: Section just for widgets in the resources section

2. Joeychgo

guess I'm alone..

3. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Seeing how the only "Widget" function comes from an add-on (Widget Framework) it probably won't be something implemented. Now if XF 2.0 comes with a widget system then it would likely be worth while suggestion.

4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Why don't you create a resource that gives a hyperlink URL and brief 1 sentence description of each widget available ;)

5. Joeychgo

huh?

6. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

7. Joeychgo

What does that have to do with my suggestion?

8. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

You would have an index/succinct list of WF compatible widgets, which is what your suggestion is seeking to achieve.
    Since you didn't get any support, I was offering an alternative that would work.

9. Steve F

The suggestion was to have a Widget category for the RM here on XF.com.

10. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

11. Steve F

Your alternative is to create his own resources here or am I completely missing what you're saying?

12. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

A resource doesn't have to be an add-on, it can also be a hint/tip/guide (aka Broguide). A resource that summarises and indexes all WF widgets/add-on's, would come close to the outcome of a RM section for widgets

13. Steve F

Unnecessary clutter and duplication of content if you ask me.

14. Joeychgo

Ok, well, I'm just suggesting a Section for widgets in the resources section