1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Widget Page as home page (Populate with new posts)

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by farang, Dec 6, 2015.

1. farang

farang Well-Known Member

The option to have a Widget Page as home page is a great feature of XF.

On my start page, I would like to include new posts. While there are some widgets doing that, they are lacking a lot of functionality compared to what i get on my /find-new/posts page.

I've asked before in another thread if it was possible to just make /find-new/posts my start page. I could do that by making an Index Page Route. It worked but a redirect occured to a URL similar to /find-new/131712/posts causing me to not have a proper site root page e.g. http://mysite.com/ It turned out then that there was no way to do it without the redirect.

Now when we can make Widget Pages, maybe there is a way for me to include the content that I normally find at /find-new/posts without a page redirect? That would be really nice.

Just to include a template by using <xen:include template="find_new_posts" /> will not work, I need a controller also, I guess... Before I dig any deeper into that, maybe you more experienced guys like to point me in the right direction? Would it be possible at all?

Thanks a million times. :)
  2. wang

wang Well-Known Member

The only way that that would be possible is through an add on.
  3. drastic

drastic Well-Known Member

@farang I need the same thing.

Have you found a solution?

Anyone else know how we can get recent posts displayed as a widget on a widget homepage?
  4. farang

farang Well-Known Member

Hi @drastic

I'm currently using the widget. I'd still like to use /find-new/posts as a start page but I can't do that due to the pesky redirection. Unfortunately I haven't heard about any solution to that.