1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widget Framework Breaks my Site - Help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Kenneth Holland, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Kenneth Holland

Kenneth Holland Active Member

Good Afternoon,

I hope it's ok to post about an add-on here...I posted on the author's page but haven't heard back...

After installing Widget Framework I tried adding some widgets to the sidebar and it broke the stylesheet. It could have been something I'm not doing right so any help would be great.

Also, after I deleted each widget the site was still broken until I deleted the add-on itself.

One thing I did do was widen the sidebar to fit 300 x 250 size ads.

Anyone help to troubleshoot?

-XF Version: 1.1.2
    -No other add ons have been stalled yet
    -Default Style
    -Only change was widening sidebar

Thanks! :)

Ken

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

When you say breaks the style sheet does that mean it's like not loading at all or whats up.

You got a screenshot or link so we can see what's going on?

It should go in the addon thread but ;p

3. Kenneth Holland

Hi Russ,

Thanks for responding. I reinstalled the add-on to reproduce the issue for you and so far it seems to be working.

To answer your question: The stylesheet looked like it didn't load at all except for the header.

I'll play with it and see if there's a problem and let you know.

Thanks again. :)

Ken

4. Kenneth Holland

ok...there's is a issue.

I screws up the text alignment in an individual thread...take a look:

http://airnation.net/hangar/threads/test-jim-rules-now.11/

Ken

5. Kenneth Holland

ok, now the stylesheet is gone. It disappeared when I changed the sidebar width in the ACP.

Ken

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your style sheet is showing this:

There should be a more detailed error in the log:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Kenneth Holland likes this.
  7. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

Which widgets did you add? Some HTMLs widgets?

8. Kenneth Holland

Henrik, When I first installed the add-on, I added the HTML without wrapper I believe to put an ad in there. The second time I installed it I did not add any HTML widgets.

9. Kenneth Holland

Is there anything specific I would be looking for Jake?

10. Jake Bunce

An error generated by css.php

11. Kenneth Holland

Ok thanks Jake.

12. ragtek

ragtek Guest

your server error log should be empty:p
    whatever records you have there, you should post them;)

13. Kenneth Holland

Hi ragtek,

Thanks for replying.

There are 58 separate errors, all with the title, 'Undefined Index: Visitor'.

Should I just post the contents of one of them here?

14. Jake Bunce

If they are all the same then just post one.

15. Kenneth Holland

Is this the correct way to do it Jake?

Code:
    ErrorException: Undefined index: visitor - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineUsers.php:34
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:35 PM

#0 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineUsers.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
    #1 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(421): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_OnlineUsers->_render(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
    #2 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(189): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render('all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
    #3 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(146): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('bb_code.css', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
    #4 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(20): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('bb_code.css', '/* .bbCodeX cla...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
    #5 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render(Array, Array)
    #6 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array)
    #7 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
    #8 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(263): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
    #9 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(209): XenForo_CssOutput::renderCssFromObjects(Array, false)
    #10 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(582): XenForo_CssOutput->renderCss()
    #11 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/css.php(12): XenForo_CssOutput::run()
    #12 {main}

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(169) "http://airnation.net/hangar/css.php?css=bb_code,facebook,likes_summary,login_bar,message,message_user_info,share_page,thread_view,wf_default&style=1&dir=LTR&d=1345319575"
      ["_GET"] => array(4) {
        ["css"] => string(100) "bb_code,facebook,likes_summary,login_bar,message,message_user_info,share_page,thread_view,wf_default"
        ["style"] => string(1) "1"
        ["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
        ["d"] => string(10) "1345319575"
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

16. Jake Bunce

Sure enough. WidgetFramework is named in the error. You should take this up with the author of that addon.

17. Kenneth Holland

Ok. I'll pass this on to him. Thank you. :)

QUESTION Jake: If I decide not to use this add-on, can I add stuff to sidebar without using an add-on and where would I do that?

Ken

18. Jake Bunce

19. Kenneth Holland

Hey Jake, would you recommend going without an add-on whenever possible? Do add-ons add overhead?

Ken

20. Jake Bunce

Yes addons add overhead. How much depends on the addon. Sidebar widgets will likely add queries depending on the content.