Widget Framework Breaks my Site - Help

Kenneth Holland

Good Afternoon,

I hope it's ok to post about an add-on here...I posted on the author's page but haven't heard back...

After installing Widget Framework I tried adding some widgets to the sidebar and it broke the stylesheet. It could have been something I'm not doing right so any help would be great.

Also, after I deleted each widget the site was still broken until I deleted the add-on itself.

One thing I did do was widen the sidebar to fit 300 x 250 size ads.

Anyone help to troubleshoot?

-XF Version: 1.1.2
-No other add ons have been stalled yet
-Default Style
-Only change was widening sidebar

Thanks! :)

Ken

Russ

When you say breaks the style sheet does that mean it's like not loading at all or whats up.

You got a screenshot or link so we can see what's going on?

It should go in the addon thread but ;p

Kenneth Holland

When you say breaks the style sheet does that mean it's like not loading at all or whats up.

Hi Russ,

Thanks for responding. I reinstalled the add-on to reproduce the issue for you and so far it seems to be working.

To answer your question: The stylesheet looked like it didn't load at all except for the header.

I'll play with it and see if there's a problem and let you know.

Thanks again. :)

Ken

Kenneth Holland

ok, now the stylesheet is gone. It disappeared when I changed the sidebar width in the ACP.

Ken

Kenneth Holland

your server error log should be empty:p
whatever records you have there, you should post them;)
Hi ragtek,

Thanks for replying.

There are 58 separate errors, all with the title, 'Undefined Index: Visitor'.

Should I just post the contents of one of them here?

Kenneth Holland

Is this the correct way to do it Jake?

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: visitor - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineUsers.php:34
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:35 PM

#0 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineUsers.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#1 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(421): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_OnlineUsers->_render(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#2 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(189): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render('all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#3 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(146): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('bb_code.css', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#4 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(20): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('bb_code.css', '/* .bbCodeX cla...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#5 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render(Array, Array)
#6 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array)
#7 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#8 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(263): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#9 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(209): XenForo_CssOutput::renderCssFromObjects(Array, false)
#10 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(582): XenForo_CssOutput->renderCss()
#11 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/css.php(12): XenForo_CssOutput::run()
#12 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(169) "http://airnation.net/hangar/css.php?css=bb_code,facebook,likes_summary,login_bar,message,message_user_info,share_page,thread_view,wf_default&style=1&dir=LTR&d=1345319575"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["css"] => string(100) "bb_code,facebook,likes_summary,login_bar,message,message_user_info,share_page,thread_view,wf_default"
    ["style"] => string(1) "1"
    ["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
    ["d"] => string(10) "1345319575"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Sure enough. WidgetFramework is named in the error. You should take this up with the author of that addon.

Kenneth Holland

Sure enough. WidgetFramework is named in the error. You should take this up with the author of that addon.
Ok. I'll pass this on to him. Thank you. :)

QUESTION Jake: If I decide not to use this add-on, can I add stuff to sidebar without using an add-on and where would I do that?

Ken