Why XF instead of free forum?

Not really, rejects a free version, has no experience at all of XF. Therefore, I ask someone who is better off than you.

I’m not sure what your post means. The community around XF is usually polite. There can be outbursts but it’s fleeting.

To partially answer your question:

1. Advanced coding
2. Active and responsive core developers
3. Addon Developers
4. Template system
5. Resource Addon
6. Installation and upgrade ease
7. Member experience with replying and newly created threads
8. Widget system

Wondering why to choose (convince me) a forum that costs when there are several who offer free?

Because the forum is good.
The free stuff is fine if you just need a discussion space, don't have commercial intent, don't need to extend it much, etc.

But if you want to attract new people to your forum, the quality is important. The level of features and attention to fine detail in XenForo is, in my opinion, unmatched. Users do notice, and they do enjoy the extra features.

The free stuff is fine if you just need a discussion space, don't have commercial intent, don't need to extend it much, etc.

But if you want to attract new people to your forum, the quality is important. The level of features and attention to fine detail in XenForo is, in my opinion, unmatched. Users do notice, and they do enjoy the extra features.

That's why I chose XF. I wanted the best for my community and my business.

Wondering why to choose (convince me) a forum that costs when there are several who offer free?
Only your own experience with them can convince you about paying for XF instead of using the free ones.
There is a demo you can have a go at to see if it's right for your needs.

You need to have a look and find out if the features xenForo offers suit the forum you're planning to make. You can do some research to find out if there are add-ons to add to the features that aren't offered out of the box in xenForo.

The most important point you took is to get new members, but you do not get it because just a forum is XF?
User experience, amongst other things, factors into the chances of usability of your website. People are getting more and more impatient and mainstream apps are made to make people lazier. Forum softwares vary so much in the audience they aim to target. There is no clean black and white answer to what's the best forum software. Use what you prefer and what you think will be best for your target audience.

XenForo is vastly different to NodeBB or Discourse, for example.

That's why I chose XF. I wanted the best for my community and my business.
It's like taking the bus or owning a Corvette. :D Xenforo is just too much fun. I have been EXTREMELY happy with this forum software. (y)
I couldn't agree more. XF is hands-down amazing. Sometimes I feel like it is a creation from Apple -- just simply beautiful, packed with features, clean, easy to use, engaging...

A year ago i asked myself the same question.
Now i'am happy with xenForo.
PhpBB is great, xenForo is better*
The forum is looking better, upgrades are easy to install and there is direct support from the developers.
PhpBB has got a lot of support forums, but the support is coming from users only, not from developers.

*based on my own experience

PhpBB has got a lot of support forums, but the support is coming from users only, not from developers.
There is a downside to this. If you ask something that is not 'as designed', chances are you won't be helped over here. All you get is PM's from commercial developers who will help you if you pay them.
If you ask the same question on a free forum community, you will get help from other users and your problem will be fixed for free.

GETTING new members has nothing to do with your forum software...

Oh contraire. Have you really seen some of the garbage out there that passes as forum software? Don't tell me you have unless really have explored some of the worst of the worst forum software. I joined a forum a few weeks ago that must be using the cheapest software out there. It was a nightmare trying to sign up, and is no easy ride trying to post or attach images. The software they are using is so counter-intuitive compared to the XF software. Look around. there are some horrible forum softwares that hamstring any fledgling forum from ever developing. There are some decent ones. And, then there is XF if you are serious about a forum.

Top Bottom