Why Xenforo Rejecting Payments from India?

akhilaniyan

Hi.

I'm an Indian. I tried a lot to buy this software. I have three websites, and i need this software to start a discussion forum in one of my site sparkyhub(dot)com. All failed. In India, paypal can only used for receiving money. We can't purchase any product via paypal. Here skrill(moneybookers) is only allowed. With skill, we can pay with our International Visa Debit Card within seconds! I have purchased lot of items form enavato marketplaces via skrill. I don't know WHY THIS FAMOUS SOFTWARE IS NOT ACCEPTING SKRILL!!!
In India, credit card will not issued to the common people or middle class people. Now In my skrill account, i have $956 dollors. But, I can't buy this software! My most of friends are also interested to buy this software. But, same issue! I know, now i will get a reply like "We are accepting wire transfer". Due to some financial issues in India, no wire transfer is allowed to any other countries. So, all possible gates closed!

So, I'm kindly requesting you to accept skrill for getting this wonderful software. If any of your team member is having skrill account, I will transfer money to his account.

Waiting for a positive reply.

Last edited:
The paypal recieve only issue is due to not having a verified paypal account.
Meaning he does not have a linked card, did not go through the process of having the account verified.

My suggestion to you is, get a pre-paid credit card or even a western union credit card which you can get as i'm pretty sure western union is literally world wide. Once u get that card, u can put funds on it via your local western union and simply hook the card to your paypal to verify.

https://wumt.westernunion.com/info/osPrepaidMC.asp‎

But the payment itself is being rejected due to not being fully verified.

Otherwise, try using what Tracy Perry said, the "don't have a paypal account" feature and enter your card that way. As even by looking @ your second screen shot you can see clearly the account information is invalid hence the red boxes ;)

Yeah, this is my problem anyway.

My country accept paypal. But paypal does not accept my local bank debit card. The only way to get verified and using paypal (top-up, withdraw, etc) is get verified with CC.

The problem is, I'm still a student with part time job and CC is too much for me.

Luckily for me, one of my friend have a verified paypal. So I'm using his paypal account to buy xenforo. :)

There is not a simple answer to this conundrum.

Firstly, PayPal have certain criteria, verified accounts and credit cards and so on. Secondly, some countries have restrictions in terms of which countries they will allow payments to be sent to. Thirdly, there is the issue of whether you use a PayPal account or simply use PayPal to process a card transaction, without having or using a PayPal account.

It is not only India where such restrictions are in place. It is also not only PayPal that can be tiresome.

Regrettably, for some it is a royal pain and it requires some creative thinking. Fortunately, the community has proved to be creative and helpful in this and many similar instances.

It isn't perfect, but we know what we have to work with.

Normally, we find a way to work with customers.

Drop us a line on the 'Contact Us' link. We will do what we can, although mostly, the options have already been outlined here.

Why not implement a payment service provider which offers all major payment methods. If you make it easier to purchase xenforo then this will increase your sales.
PayPal can be a royal pain in the butt. There are various payment gateways that offer over 100 payment methods and have a developer friendly API.

@akhilaniyan Did you try to link your SBI debit card to paypal account? I presume you have one seeing your previous attachments. I have my SBI master card successfully linked to my paypal account and have no issue processing payments. Moreover, I'm a minor and the card is on my name and its a joint account with my dad.

As has been explained, we offer a varity of ways to pay, including Paypal, which 99% of people can use without issue, and wire transfer for the remaining 1%.

Most banks will also allow you to make a wire transfer even without having a bank account, and charge a minor fee to use the service.

Last edited by a moderator:
@akhilaniyan Did you try to link your SBI debit card to paypal account? I presume you have one seeing your previous attachments. I have my SBI master card successfully linked to my paypal account and have no issue processing payments. Moreover, I'm a minor and the card is on my name and its a joint account with my dad.

My card is not a "Master Card" Its an "International Visa Debit Card"...

@akhilaniyan

If your payment thing is still not sorted then shoot me a PM and I would be happy to purchase a license and let you use it for free till your payment problem is sorted.

And stop voting for the blood sucking corrupt and good for nothing Congress "I" for gods sake.

Proud To Be An Indian. I know that, only an Indian can help me. Thank you for understanding my situation. PM Sent!:(

You can get a prepaid credit card from SBI, HDFC or ICICI bank by making a fixed deposit and they would be more then happy to give you a credit card for the same amount. They wont do a credit check if you go this route. Paypal lets you verify your account using those cards. Debit cards are also taken by paypal as far as I understand but I cant say for sure.

Most of major banks in India issue instant Credit Card against your fixed deposit, your spend limit will be 90% of your deposit amount.

Example if you deposit 10k and you can use limit up to 9k with your CC, this card can be attached to your paypal account to spend online.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom