Why women prefer tall guys?

For me it's funny>not a pretentious snob>kind to animals>can cook>will not nag me about my internet addiction>won't try to change me in general>appearance, in the sense of general hygiene and grooming.

Height isn't even a factor.

I am so lucky to have all that... and bonus tall :D

Sounds like you're dating a giraffe.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!
lol2.gif

I am 6' 9" but also wear high heels which make me over seven feet tall. I only date women under five feet tall. But they have to have big feet and really long necks.

I thought your preference was languidly sexy young Italian men?

I thought your preference was languidly sexy young Italian men?
No, no. I was commenting more on the lad having the - confidence, let's say - to post that than I was on his general sexiness or lack thereof. I'm not qualified to evaluate him in that way. 

I think this is one of those blanket statement things.

It is my guess that women want different things or at least the combination of attributes can cause one or the other.

It is easy to see the world from where you stand. I was once a college athlete, (wrestling) At that time I started getting the idea that women liked athletes at the University. I eventually found out that the ones I was most interested in didn't care if you were an athlete or not. Many but not all but I would still say the slight majority that followed the team around were groupies and I didn't have much in common with them and they didn't stay interesting long. They would have also eventually got bored with me as I didn't party or drink alcohol.

I have not seen shorter guys at any disadvantage. Most of the women I have gotten to know I have met by accident and I generally didn't find anyone I dated before I got to know them interesting at all. The ones I found interesting I had known at least 3 months before we ever did anything alone together.

Funny thing must of the women I was with for years have managed to stay friends with me years later. The ones that liked me right away I ended up not wanting to be around. The ones I got to know slowly worked out much better.

Maybe it is the place I have met women, The National Speleological Society, various backpacking organizations, the cowgirl down the dirt road, the office, college but only after knowing them for more than two semesters.

I could never imagine going to a club and picking up a stranger.....well, I have done that and it was never worth it.

From what I have seen tall is not a big advantage, common interests I think is an advantage.

Never? Really? Maybe you are going to the wrong clubs or picking up the wrong strangers.

I have found I would much rather be with someone that I have some common interests with. Everything seems better to me with someone I am familiar and have gotten to know over time.

Also if short people are at a disadvantage with strangers it is not so much when you have known the other for more than three months. I am 5/8 by the way and it never seemed to be an issue.

I don't tend to talk about sex and meeting women for that purpose (having someone around full time I think is much better) but I think cheap sex is lonely sex. I know many will disagree.

I would rather go fishing with the girl next door than have sex with the hottest girl in the bar as I will not have much in the way of feelings for her besides appearance and I know she would not care much about what I think about as well.

I have always preferred to pick up a a friend and form a relationship. Again to me cheap sex is lonely sex.

I think cheap sex is lonely sex. Again to me cheap sex is lonely sex.
Maybe the problem is that you label it "cheap." Are you paying for it?

Sex is fun and natural, whether you love the other person or not. It isn't a holy chore, dirty, cheap or bad. It's a positive, human activity, at any time, with anyone. You know, if you're single. Otherwise it should probably be a positive, human activity, at any time, with one person.

Other than that, I don't get the hang up.

Nope, never paid for it.

When I was in college there were pretty women always available and to me it was not worth it. I need something in common. I would not have as much fun fishing with someone I didn't like to talk to, I wouldn't have as much fun going on a trip with someone I can't talk about common interests with. This thinking carries over, I learned back in my 20s that at least for myself If I wouldn't pick them to do things with not related to sex why would I want to make an exception for sex.

There are plenty of opportunities to meet someone you would like to do dozens of things with and to have around all the time, to me they seem like better candidates and I have always had a much better time that way.

When I was in college there were pretty women always available and to me it was not worth it. I need something in common. I would not have as much fun fishing with someone I didn't like to talk to, I wouldn't have as much fun going on a trip with someone I can't talk about common interests with.
Dude, you don't have to go on trips with them. Your 20s are for indiscriminately banging everyone who will lay down with you (or stand up if you're in a hurry). You have the rest of your life to get somber.

Well, it takes all kinds I suppose.

I did take this on a tangent but i am betting that how tall you are does not make as much of a difference when the women already know you and have common interests.

Top Bottom