Why the constant closing of certain threads?

Hi Floren. Just out of curiosity can you post the links to one of those threads that you thing were closed unjustly? I am asking because all the threads that have gotten closed recently were justly done so. At least the ones that I have noticed.

Also I think that the new mods, Jake and Slavik are doing a very good job so far moderating the community imho.

Another case with:

I want to buy xenforo but pluginseller refuses

No one suggested to the guy that he should go to one of the professional XenForo custom vendors to have the same functionality built and supported. And then link him to some of those developers. Fixes his problem, gets XenForo a client, gets a XenForo custom vender some biz. And it's good for other members looking on who might want that functionality provided by a professional who is going to support it to let them know where they can get it also.

Sorry to say this but talking to the OP of that thread was like talking to a brick wall. You can not force someone to reply to your pm''s and/or sell something to you or buy something from you o do anything else for that matter.

And holding xenforo responsible for something like that was totally nonsense. Just reading his whinings made my head hurt lol :D :D How can you leave those kind of threads open so people can get migranes lol :D :D :D

Sorry to say this but talking to the OP of that thread was like talking to a brick wall. You can not force someone to reply to your pm''s and/or sell something to you or buy something from you o do anything else for that matter.

I totally got that part, he was being stubborn, I think something of culture/lang barrier going on, he wanted the iTunes store with only approved, supported apps.

BUT no one every just ignored the chaff and gave him a good solution with some links to XenForo professionals who could do it. In a forum, the threads are as much for the audience as the participants, especially on a support forum. Maybe you don't help the original poster but the 30 other people reading the thread who wanted the same functionality are now customers of 10 XenForo pro's who want the work.

Just reading his whinings made my head hurt
You could of not resist, ehh? That's the point I was trying to make... Please tell me what satisfaction you gained from calling names someone. I bet you don't do this in real life, listen to someone in a public place complain and go tell him in his face how he whines. You might end up having your face smacked by that "whiner".

Which topics exactly?
Opinions are most welcome. I have never seen some one moderated for expressing an opinion. I think it's mostly the personal attacks and conspiracy theories that get moderated.

Any concerning about the future of Xen and the lawsuit lol. Anyways...why the whole thread? Why not deal with individual members? I run a political forum...it's 98% mud slinging over there. Trust me I've got a standard down now. Use your warning system, don't close threads, that's censorship.

You could of not resist, ehh? That's the point I was trying to make... Please tell me what satisfaction you gained from calling names someone. I bet you don't do this in real life, listen to someone in a public place complain and go tell him in his face how he whines. You might end up having your face smacked by that "whiner".

I am like this in RL too. I call it like I see it right in that person's face, uplclose and personal. I ain''t one of those behind the pc type of tough guy nor the other type to ***** about someone behind their backs. And I have never had my face smacked up.

And fyi, I don''t get any kind of satisfaction from calling someone names as you put it. That ain''t my style. I called it like it was. That guy was whining and it really made my head hurt.

But you didn''t answer my question btw. What was the thread/s that were closed too soon/prematurely/unjustly as per your complaint?

Top Bottom