Why not run sitemap for every day?

Its not really necessary, however, you can create a new cron entry if you wish.

Yea. I small forum I want to submit everyday to reminder google index faster :p
That's not going to work. It won't do anything at all. Google crawls at its own rate and it does so depending on how frequently there is new content to index.

Honestly, sitemaps have become almost obsolete. It is helpful once for a new site (you can submit one through Google Search Console actually) to let Google know you exist. After that, Google will find you and once it finds you it will check back periodically at its own rate.

That's not going to work. It won't do anything at all. Google crawls at its own rate and it does so depending on how frequently there is new content to index.

Honestly, sitemaps have become almost obsolete. It is helpful once for a new site (you can submit one through Google Search Console actually) to let Google know you exist. After that, Google will find you and once it finds you it will check back periodically at its own rate.
That why i need for everyday. My site under 5 years but no more activity there. Currently I have check that Google index very low threads :(

That why i need for everyday. My site under 5 years but no more activity there. Currently I have check that Google index very low threads :(
If Google is not indexing your threads then they don't value them. Make them valuable. Google has had plenty of time to see all of your content. Spamming sitemaps won't work as noted above.

However, for those who have big boards, a daily sitemap generation is a good idea as a lot of content is changing.

However, for those who have big boards, a daily sitemap generation is a good idea as a lot of content is changing.

Then Googlebot will already be visiting more frequently, assuming the new content is of any value. Again, daily sitemaps unnecessary.

Then Googlebot will already be visiting more frequently, assuming the new content is of any value. Again, daily sitemaps unnecessary.
Except you don't have an infinite crawl budget. An outdated sitemap really is counter productive.

If you insist.

Note this from that same page:

a sitemap can improve the crawling of your site, particularly if your site meets one of the following criteria:
  • Your site is really large. As a result, itā€™s more likely Google web crawlers might overlook crawling some of your new or recently updated pages.

Also note this part from that same page:

Using a sitemap doesn't guarantee that all the items in your sitemap will be crawled and indexed, as Google processes rely on complex algorithms to schedule crawling.

So what is "really large"? Probably on the order of millions of posts. Not something most forums these days will need to worry about.

Also remember that running cron jobs does have some impact on server performance, so while Google says "it can't hurt - there's no penalty for submitting sitemaps", that's not 100% true.

So what is "really large"? Probably on the order of millions of posts. Not something most forums these days will need to worry about.

Also remember that running cron jobs does have some impact on server performance, so while Google says "it can't hurt - there's no penalty for submitting sitemaps", that's not 100% true.

The sitemap helps Google understand your site like a road map for a city. Why in heavens earth would you accept giving Google an outdated map of your site? If generating a sitemap significantly hurts server performance then you need to get off the free hosting plan you're on. This is really a nonsense debate. Update your sitemap when you have new content, remove content or change content just like you'd want a city map to do.

Top Bottom