Add-on Why is there still no alternative to ******* helpdesk?

Alpha1

*******'s customers are locked in to his addons because no one has developed an alternative.
They can either remove the functionality from their sites or take the risk that something malicious may be going on. There is no alternative to ******* support ticketting system. I have been receiving requests for advise on this matter. So maybe its good to get this more in the open so that it gets the attention of developers.

Why hasn't anyone created an alternative ticketting system? There clearly are customers waiting.

vote +1;
Ive been waiting this solution for along time. ******* has good features but with a bad support.

Thanks for your suggestion @Alfa1

Yeah it's really frustrating to see the lacky addon development on Xenforo. It misses so many essential addons, like something as mentioned on the thread that i just can't understand what is going on.

Currently i believe i'll get to ******* ticket system addon, there's nothing else! :cautious:

There is lots of developers here but most of them all make little add-ons or just 1 or 2 big add-ons.

The best part about buying the same company is that all of their add-ons can be compatible with each add-on.

I've realised eventually a lot of them move on to something better and we are left with no updates or no support.

So i've stopped buying add-ons from most of developers. I also find updates are slow and they don't listen to our suggestions.

They think they know what we want.
But we are the ones who are going to use it. Not them.

Most of my money will only go to 2 add-on companies.

Themes Corp

As long as they keep adding new features and giving us updates i will keep supporting them.

Those are the only choices i have.

But if someone better comes along.
I will jump ship!

I will always follow and support the best add-on developer.

For me this is business,
I don't care about the developers life. Im not here to make friends.

They want my money and i want add-ons.
Its all we both need.

To be the best, you must have business mind, not friends mind

So if a future add-on company is reading this.....

Here my message...

If you think you can beat ******* and Themes Corp... If you think you can create better quality add-ons and better support then them

Then you will win me as your customer!!

i will be your solider!!

i will fight for your company!!

16591600-viking-warrior-cartoon-Stock-Vector-thor.webp

But for now i am solider for ******* and Themes Corp!!

soldier-cartoon-clip-art-540px.webp

but now there is war between them!! who will win!! the best will win!! we will see

As for the thread...

There is probably no alternatives either because....

1. Most of the highly skilled add-on developers are elsewhere making money.

2. The add-on developers here are not skilled enough to make big complicated add-ons.

3. The highly skilled add-on developers here don't have time to make complicated add-ons and are here just as a hobby.

4. The highly skilled add-on developers dont have good business skills.

Last edited:
1. Most of the highly skilled add-on developers are elsewhere making money.

2. The add-on developers here are not skilled enough to make big complicated add-ons.

3. The highly skilled add-on developers here don't have time to make complicated add-ons and are here just as a hobby.

4. The highly skilled add-on developers dont have good business skills.

All these points are simply not true. To be honest even without being a developer I find your post rather insulting to the community.

Some points apply to some developers, but not all. Quality developers are generally very busy. There are more than a few low quality developers on XF, but ******* certainly was one of them. Good developers are not always the best communicators, but that comes with the job. I can't really commend ******* on communication or business skills either.

But why is this thread going off topic so far?
There clearly is a void left by ******* and no one seems to be really filling that gap thusfar.
No helpdesk has been released. Same for a reputation system. I'm not seeing a good credits / wallet solution. Etc...

@joey_tbf adds one valid point: as long as no one steps up to the plate and releases usable alternatives, people will resort to *******.

Top Bottom