Why I have been banned?

whyandwhy

Hello,
I am really thinking of moving from vbulletin to xenforo because the search engine of vbulletin does not work for me. Then, I registered a nick name "vplusasia" and post some question regarding to the moving process and about the search engine of xenforo.

My last question was about "XenForo Enhanced Search and Japanese". How ever, there were no one reply me but my nick name(vplusasia) has been banned. The resean was "Because you spamm"!

I would like to ask xenforo staff: Do not you let you customer ask question even in "pre-sale section" and test posting in " test section" ?

Or did I do something wrong asking about the XenForo Enhanced Search which does not work with japanese? Or my posting a japanese article in "test section" to see if the search engine work with it is wrong? If there are some questions that we are not allowed to ask, please let us know.

Could you behave a little better to your customer?

whyandwhy it can sometimes be difficult to see if a post is spam.
The spammers are clever. They register and ask questions. They can look real.

I am sorry if a mistake was made about you. I am not a moderator so I cannot correct it. I am only one of the many members who help with new members.

The moderators here are very good. They will check this very soon.

Hello Morgain,
Thanks for your reply. Iam not a spammer. And I am not here to spam. I just want to be sure that xenforo's search engine is working as my need and that I can convert vbulletin in to xenforo ( ask I have asked use nick "vplusasia" and have been replied by you).

The moderators will have to fix this whyandwhy. Thank you for being so polite about this.

The search engine is fine.
There is also an advanced search for big boards.
But I do not know about Japanese.

Thanks agian Morgain,
Regarding to the search engine and Japanese, I have tested here in this board, the search engine working well with Japanese. But, in the demo board, Search engine does not work with Japanese (there is no results). Because of this I have post a question a bout this problem (it was deleted when my nick name as banned).
Mods: I am sorry if my posting here are considered "spam". If you considered it "spam" please tell me I will stop.

I've been here a long time.. and accidents happen. Don't worry because a Moderator will clear this up for you. This community has some of the best Moderators so I wouldn't be too worried, whyandwhy. I can't answer your questions unfortunately but can tell you that xenForo is a top notch software. You should run a demo of it. And asking your questions here is a good thing, whyandwhy. You are doing nothing wrong. =)

Hi there,

I have had a look, and now restored the account.

Your first post was a long one with links and was entirely in Japanese. Unforutnately as none of the staff here can read Japanese, to us it looks a lot like the spam bots we do get posting.

Sorry for the miss-understanding. However I would suggest tyring to keep your topics in English if at all possible.

Hello,
I am really thinking of moving from vbulletin to xenforo because the search engine of vbulletin does not work for me. Then, I registered a nick name "vplusasia" and post some question regarding to the moving process and about the search engine of xenforo.

My last question was about "XenForo Enhanced Search and Japanese". How ever, there were no one reply me but my nick name(vplusasia) has been banned. The resean was "Because you spamm"!

I would like to ask xenforo staff: Do not you let you customer ask question even in "pre-sale section" and test posting in " test section" ?

Or did I do something wrong asking about the XenForo Enhanced Search which does not work with japanese? Or my posting a japanese article in "test section" to see if the search engine work with it is wrong? If there are some questions that we are not allowed to ask, please let us know.

Could you behave a little better to your customer?

don't worry, we gonna send Slavik onto a Japanese-language-training soon :D:p;)

That was me, and I apologize for it. When I seen that there were a few links, and that as it was posted in the testing forum, I used Google translate, to translate your post to english. It read very spam-like, and not like someone asking legitimate questions.

Thank you for all of your help.
Well
Let me explain:

I have asked here about moving process:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/move-from-vbulletin-4.45229/

And then I realized the fact that the xenforo demo board can not search Japanese. And then I asked here

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-enhanced-search-and-japanese.45275/

I was waiting a little bit but know one replied me. Then I went to the testing forum and post this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/<東日本大震災>妹、いつもそばに 苦しんだ姉に笑顔戻る.45297/

to test the searching function on Japnaese.

I should have explain something about it. However, I thought that it was a testing forum then I just post and did some search.

That was me, and I apologize for it. When I seen that there were a few links, and that as it was posted in the testing forum, I used Google translate, to translate your post to english. It read very spam-like, and not like someone asking legitimate questions.

If you read my other post you were able to realize that I was not a spammer!I do not think google can translate the content of that Japanese article.

The misunderstanding has been solved then I will use "vplusasia" as my nick name here. Could someone please reply me about the enhanced search function?
Agian, Thank you for your kindness!

Lawrence that was a lovely apology.
It looks like whyandwhy is a nice guy with no hard feelings. He does want to know about Enhanced Search though - working with Japanese as he could not get it to work on the demo..

Moderators are human as well. It's happened to all of us, I think, that we've banned - or let through - people who were the opposite of what we thought. I've let a few people through that I shouldn't have and banned a few that didn't deserve it. You guys are handling it right. You're talking it out & getting it fixed. Well done, folks!

Look guys this poor member wants HELP about something specific. Every time we reply he gets an alert and will be disappointed. I vote we stand back and let him get the help he's been trying to get.

Top Bottom