1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't XenForo provide the feature of reputation system?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by msibm, Apr 5, 2012.

1. msibm

msibm Member

The members of my forum have been used to use the reputation system. Who can tell me what is the reason that XenForo give away this feature? Thanks!

dehness likes this.
  2. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

3. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

All of the forum platforms are different with this feature. Xenforo uses a positive-only likes system. There is an add on however where you can define all your own reputations, positive, neutral or negative if that's what you want to do.

4. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

Kenneth Holland likes this.
  5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Wait until they get a taste of xenforo 's Like&Trophy system and they will be like: Reputation System what :D :D

ArnyVee likes this.
  6. msibm

msibm Member

That I like someone's post is big different from that Bill Gates like someone's post, so the "Likes" system is nonsense. Trophy system only forces the members to pour water.

7. oman

oman Well-Known Member

8. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Bill Gates didn't start the "like" updates/posts/etc.

9. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

10. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

If you used MyBB before, no idea? I know what your talking about. You visit the members rep page and it showed a reason (text) why rep was given from each person, they are asked to enter text when giving either + or - rep.

If I visit my LIKES Page via profile here, it shows a section (quote) of text "taken from the post", not text a person has written themselves saying why they LIKED it. Really it would be better when a person likes a post, a box pops-up asking them to input why (required to give like). Then that text gets displayed with all your likes in profile.

dehness likes this.
  11. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

This add-on should be familiar with people coming from the other forum software and used its reputation system. It's running stable for now so I haven't updated it in a while (not that it was abandoned). Just FYI :)

12. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Digital Doctor likes this.
  13. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

The reputation system is outmoded and has a lot of limitations. I don't think it really helps build a community that supports positive posting as well as the Likes system. Fortunately, there are plugins as mentioned above.

14. Kenneth Holland

Kenneth Holland Active Member

15. msibm

msibm Member

I don't like to install any ADD-ONs.

16. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

You might have a rough time with XenForo if you don't like to install "any" add-ons. To bad, some of the developers are REALLY good at what they do and provide a quality plugin along with quality support.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Kim and Learner like this.
  17. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I would like to change the number/points values into green bars just like vbulletin, How?

18. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Everyone likes different things but I really hate reputation system.

rafass likes this.
  19. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

The post ratings addon (which has been linked a couple of times in this thread) will give you that "green bar" you are looking for under the avatar.

Evina likes this.
  20. msibm

msibm Member