Why doesn't xenforo develop a xenforo blog plugin like resource menager like media gallery?

If you keep saying that without proof, WP is going to sue you lol
Are you looking for proof? two wordpress sites that I lost ...
🤣

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
because you failed to update your WPs & plugins would be more accurate
ok Couldn't update Wordpresses or vbulletin? I couldn't update Mybb either. I used xenforo for 3 years without updating it. I just updated. I didn't lose xenforo. Every day there is an attack, xenforo is still there.

but I'm afraid I'm trying to use as few plugins as possible.

The way to hack xenforo.
1- server hacking
2- To search for open doors in its plugins.

ok Couldn't update Wordpresses or vbulletin? I couldn't update Mybb either. I used xenforo for 3 years without updating it. I just updated. I didn't lose xenforo. Every day there is an attack, xenforo is still there.
While no fault of XenForo (generally it is 3rd party code) they have had plenty of security fixes (https://xenforo.com/community/searc...]=1&c[nodes][0]=2&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance).

The reason that Wordpress is 'so insecure' is because it is also one of the most widely used pieces of software, therefore it is a larger candidate for exploits. It is also open source, so it is easier to find exploits than XenForo which requires a license or getting the software through piracy.

Most add-on here are probably safe enough to use, and again, because many of them require an XF license (and a license for that add-on) it is less likely that an exploit is going to be found in comparison to Wordpress and popular plugins for Wordpress.

My friend who entered bank systems and reported their deficits to banks could not find a deficit in the xenforo system ... The reason I bought and used xenforo is because it is a very secure system.

You are comparing Apples and Oranges here. For reference: I am mainly a WordPress developer and contribute to WordPress core from time to time.

WordPress is a hugely successful and widely adopted piece of open source software, currently used by about one in three websites across the internet (or 37%, to be more precise). The fact that everyone can freely read and analyse the source code of such a big platform is its biggest strength and biggest weakness.

Vulnerabilities in WordPress are found very fast and exploited very fast. That also means that there are absolutely massive bot networks that swarm through the internet and try to use known issues with WordPress to inject code and spread maleware and spam. That also means that 99% of all compromised WordPress systems are victims of such automated drive-by attacks and could have been easily avoided if the code would have been up to date. Targeted attacks on YOUR system are a myth, unless you are a very high profile target.

Xenforo on the other hand is essentially closed source and has, compared to WordPress, a tiny userbase (of just 0.1% of the internet). Therefore finding and writing an exploit is by definition more costly and harder, because you have to get access to the code, learn the code and then attack a comparably smaller target.

So the truth is probably the fact, that neither WordPress or Xenforo are more or less secure. It's just economically more reasonable to attack WordPress than Xenforo.

You are comparing Apples and Oranges here. For reference: I am mainly a WordPress developer and contribute to WordPress core from time to time.

WordPress is a hugely successful and widely adopted piece of open source software, currently used by about one in three websites across the internet (or 37%, to be more precise). The fact that everyone can freely read and analyse the source code of such a big platform is its biggest strength and biggest weakness.

Vulnerabilities in WordPress are found very fast and exploited very fast. That also means that there are absolutely massive bot networks that swarm through the internet and try to use known issues with WordPress to inject code and spread maleware and spam. That also means that 99% of all compromised WordPress systems are victims of such automated drive-by attacks and could have been easily avoided if the code would have been up to date. Targeted attacks on YOUR system are a myth, unless you are a very high profile target.

Xenforo on the other hand is essentially closed source and has, compared to WordPress, a tiny userbase (of just 0.1% of the internet). Therefore finding and writing an exploit is by definition more costly and harder, because you have to get access to the code, learn the code and then attack a comparably smaller target.

So the truth is probably the fact, that neither WordPress or Xenforo are more or less secure. It's just economically more reasonable to attack WordPress than Xenforo.
Off topic:
Then please add in admin account login limits after failed password attempts so brute force isn't possible. Otherwise it's like wordpress has a built in backdoor unless users know enough to install a security plugin. You can make a change! (:

Back on topic, I agree blogging can be easily done using a cms of some sort or blog application separately. Plus we have the articles feature of xenforo 2.2. Look at how great that looks. https://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

If you need something more flashy for your blog than just a dedicated forum for blog posts, then articles may be the way to go!

I like the new Article-type for this, and you don't even have to worry about integration/discovery issues because it is literally a thread. ;)

Top Bottom