Why doesn't xenforo develop a xenforo blog plugin like resource menager like media gallery?

Friends do not believe, but wordpress and many other software are vulnerable.

What software will I install next to the forum?
I run and manage many WordPress sites and if set up properly and maintained properly they are no more vulnerable than any other platform.
  • use strong passwords, i.e., LONG passwords with mixed case, letters and numbers, special symbol characters
  • do not allow any admin account to use the default login "admin"
  • keep ALL your plugins and themes up to date - do this automatically so you don't forget (with the Companion Update plugin or now in the latest version of WordPress it can be done with the core WP installation)
  • delete any and all plugins or themes that are not being used
  • do not use plugins that have not been updated for months or years
  • make sure your server software is up to date, especially PHP versions
  • make sure your server has installed protection against brute force hacking and DDoS attacks
  • use a firewall on your server as well as on your WordPress site (Wordfence plugin)
  • be vigilant! no website is ever install and forget about it
If you're not willing to put in the work to keep your sites up to date and secure, the problem is not the platform - it's you.

Over more than 15 years, I have never had a server or a WordPress installation hacked. There have been many attempts, of course, but none have been successful. Not once.

Why doesn't xenforo develop a xenforo blog plugin like resource menager like media gallery?
I would personally have zero interest in such a plugin. vBulletin has (or had in v4.x) a blog feature and an articles feature. The bl;og feature almost never got used. Waste of time and resources. Why try to re-invent the wheel? WordPress is there, free, highly customizable, and as secure as anything else if you know what you're doing.

My father used to say, "A poor worker blames his tools."

Why try to re-invent the wheel? WordPress is there, free, highly customizable, and as secure as anything else if you know what you're doing.
I don't fully disagree, but I'm sure there's lot of people who would appreciate the integration with the site style/theme (without having to redo it in another HTML layout) , authentication, etc. Otherwise, it's extra maintenance.

Xenforo will always make a room for add-on developers. There is a business involved here. Also, what will happen to future upgrades if XF developers put everything out? No more ideas, no more to offer.

Add-ons should not be providing core functionality like cms/blogs. They are best designed for extending the capabilities of core products in addition to minor enhancements here and there. A lot of forum owners have suffered because of relying on add-ons for core functionality when development on these third party add-ons stop, or they migrate to another platform.

As for room for development by third party developers. I mean look at Xon's addons. Most of them extend existing functionality. Users can manage with them but they bring a lot of features that enhances existing functionality. I believe 2.2's thread types also add a lot of scope of third party development as devs mentioned in the announcement.

Last edited:
If all of your forum and WP (non xenforo) sites have been hacked, you likely need to invest time keep it all updated. I check all of my forums and sites EVERY morning at 6am, and follow their support forums, to make sure no add-ons or base code need to be updated with patches since the previous day. Make sure that permissions are correctly set for folders, too.

I have been doing this since the early 1980s in the dialup days, and have never had a system hacked. Maintenance and proper backups are a good investment of your time, IMO.

Top Bottom