XF 1.3 Why does "Shared IPs" mod tool not find duplicates, but Spam Cleaner tool does?

CTXMedia

One of my moderators found some spam posts so used the new Shared IPs mod tool drop-down to check if this spammer had any other accounts? Nope. All clear. (y)

She then ran the Spam Cleaner on the account and afterwards it brought up three (previously cleansed/banned) accounts that it associated with the one she'd just cleaned. :(

Why didn't the Shared IPs tool show these accounts?

Does the spam cleaner use a different mechanism when finding duplicate accounts or is it something to do with a lack of historical data for the new Shared IP tool?

It would just be useful to understand the differences / limits of the Shared IPs tool so that I can inform my moderator teams.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

They use the same query, though the shared IPs for moderators is hard coded at 14 days -- the spam cleaner one uses a configurable value, though it only defaults to 7 days.

They use the same query, though the shared IPs for moderators is hard coded at 14 days -- the spam cleaner one uses a configurable value, though it only defaults to 7 days.

Okay, thanks Mike - that explains it. I have the spam cleaner set to far more than 14 days and the accounts it found were from mid-last year. (y)

Are there any plans to make the Shared IPs a configurable value or perhaps link it to the spam cleaner value so mods get the same results?

You talk about this?

Screenshot_22.webp

if I understand well, the shared ip on profil page public is hard coded at 14 days, and the profil page admincp at 7 days with that option above ?!

It's correct ?

PS: For more information, look this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/which-difference-between.71428/

Last edited:
Top Bottom