XF 1.5 Why Do Terms and Rules Show After Logging Out

Madjag

The "Terms and Rules" found at the bottom right of our forum are editable.

When I log out of the forum, at the same bottom right of the login page the "Terms and Rules" show up and are not the same. I have edited them within the Admin zone and they still do not show up in the newer, edited version.

Surprising: Non-members of our forum have the ability to read our forum "Terms and Rules" at the bottom of our login page.
It should only be visible behind the login firewall, yes?

Can you help please?

I was added as an "associated forum user" - how do I login as that so that I can receive licensed support? My Admin (I am one also) added me some hours ago.

When I log out of the forum, at the same bottom right of the login page the "Terms and Rules" show up and are not the same. I have edited them within the Admin zone and they still do not show up in the newer, edited version.

Sounds like you're viewing a different style when logged in vs logged out

Surprising: Non-members of our forum have the ability to read our forum "Terms and Rules" at the bottom of our login page.
It should only be visible behind the login firewall, yes?

I don't see any reason these should be hidden, especially if you're asking a guest to agree to them when they're registering

Perhaps it would help if you opened the site up to guests and then posted both URLs so we can see what you're referring to.

There is only one terms and rules page, so it's not clear which version is being viewed when logged out and in.

Top Bottom