Why do people reserve posts

unillogical

So I am the webmaster for a gaming website. I have been reading some information on your software, playing around with the demo and looking at the addons (such as the 8wayrun series of addons) and it turns out your software is everything I was going to have to try and do myself but done 100 times better than I ever could.

One question I do have though is I see a lot of people who reserve the second post for editing later, why is that? surely they can just edit the topic post. The reason I ask is that I want to know if it is to do with a limitation of the software or some policies in rules on just this forum. Thanks.

Posts do have a character limit, but people generally reserve the second post to separate content.
Example: I would generally reserve the second post for an FAQ or Q&A of some sort.

I would expect they use a secondary post so that the clutter (screenshots) attachments content in the way of updates and other misc content/info is kept to a minimum. I know in the past that when I submitted image sets as well as uploading screenshots that there was a 10 attachment limit so a secondary post was needed, sometimes a third post was needed so it keeps the submitted resources together rather than spanning in posts within that thread and would normally get overlooked.

I would expect they use a secondary post so that the clutter (screenshots) attachments content in the way of updates and other misc content/info is kept to a minimum. I know in the past that when I submitted image sets as well as uploading screenshots that there was a 10 attachment limit so a secondary post was needed, sometimes a third post was needed so it keeps the submitted resources together rather than spanning in posts within that thread and would normally get overlooked.

Exactly, Personally until the resource manager comes out I think keeping the changelog in the second post, and modifications for your code/style in the third keeps it nice and clean.

As for the hopeful move :), good luck, what's the gaming site now if you don't mind sharing?

Top Bottom