Why do I want a Resource Manager

bart

Okay, I'll buy it anyway, but what can it do for me?

- i don't have any files to sell
- there's not much to download at all

Does it do things like:
- be a wiki
- be a bookshelf (present books)
- be classifieds (for people to sell things)
- be an online shop (selling t-shirts and wooden shoes)

Who knows?

Okay, since most aren't being helpful, I'll ask as well. I see people saying they can do X or Y with the RM, but HOW exactly does this get done? Like for reviews. People say they are going to be using it for this. How much customization will this take? Or will you be able to do this right out of the box?

Not everyone is a programmer. Some of us ask questions because we want to know what we are spending our money on.

Okay, since most aren't being helpful, I'll ask as well. I see people saying they can do X or Y with the RM, but HOW exactly does this get done? Like for reviews. People say they are going to be using it for this. How much customization will this take? Or will you be able to do this right out of the box?

Not everyone is a programmer. Some of us ask questions because we want to know what we are spending our money on.
I have Reviews in mind.
I think you can use RM right off the bat as Reviews. Just need to disable the download, and other irrelevant tabs. Just keep the reviews and discussion tab.

It might be interesting to see an Admin view of RM since all we've really seen is the front end.

Video time Kier? :D

The RM will definitely do reviews.
Admin can disable the download function.
Then the review shows text, author, date, in a category of reviews eg books films/ games. Or genre categories. Can also be subcategories.
The current reviews tab could be renamed Comments, and the review can be rated.
Or use the linked discussion thread.

The RM will definitely do a Help system of guides and tutorials. It already does.
Text, author, date. Categories, subcats.
Which can have a discussion thread for further queries.

The RM will definitely do articles, currently only one page but there will have to be an addon for multiple pages.
Text, author, date. Categories, subcats.
Linked discussion thread.

The RM will definitely do Classified in Categories, subcats.

The RM will definitely do downloads of software, documents, pdfs, images- bundled zips.
With tutorial. It already does.
Paid or free.

I guess the RM will do a marketplace, and link to paypal - just put the paypal link om.

That's before I've seen the backend, and other clever people start adapting it.

Classifieds you say?

Well there are categories with no if items in each and subcats
it's searchable
each item has a page which can have decritpion text and images.
The opening page shows a list of latest items with a snippet text "advert"
"seller" is contactable
could use the download for a printable brochure sheet or complete price list
repeat items could have reviews and ratings
seller has list of other items

How are you going to use it for articles? Is there a way to have comments be underneath the article and not in a separate tab?
As Andy.N said "Reviews at bottom of the Overview tab." :). I actually prefer comments not to be part of the article (i.e directly underneath it). In many forums, most comments are just chit chats, which add little value to the article.

Top Bottom