XF 2.2 why cant admin edit basic user profile from front end?

Just trying to get an answer here as this looks surprisingly weird that Mods are able to edit basic user profiles from the front end while admins have to access the ACP for user editing. Is there a way for admins to just edit user profile the way Mods do?

Nope, not possible. In the primary user group, they already have that privilege but still, the edit button takes you to the ACP even if you put them in multiple user groups. What is the logic behind putting them in multiple user groups and grant them same permissions?

What is the logic behind putting them in multiple user groups and grant them same permissions?
If you are applying the same permission to 2 user groups, you are using the system wrong.
As an admin, I am also a registered user on my site. So whatever permission the registered users have, I will also have. So I can skip adding those permissions to the admin permission group.

If you are applying the same permission to 2 user groups, you are using the system wrong.
As an admin, I am also a registered user on my site. So whatever permission the registered users have, I will also have. So I can skip adding those permissions to the admin permission group.

I know what you are saying. My issue is as follow, I am in the administrator user group with all permissions set to YES, I am also a Super Administrator and a Moderator with all permissions checked. Now if I want to edit basic user profile, the edit button sends me to the ACP directly. I don't see the point adding myself in another user group to be able to edit basic user profile from the front end.

Simply because edit user doesn't necessarily mean edit the profile. Admins can edit more that that so it takes them to acp. I agree this is a nice function and admins should be able to quickly edit a profile field with a click like mods can with the "edit basic profiles" permission. What would be nice is an Edit button right on the profile for mods/admins.

That's really an oversight, I had to log in as a mod only just to see that neat function.

Top Bottom