1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why aren't my adminCP options showing navigation or highlighting correct navigation tab?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by TheBigK, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I was able to get my addon's adminCP options listed as expected. I created an admin navigation link to show the options under Applications-> Contact US.

However, upon clicking on the option, the focus of the tab shifts to 'Home' instead of staying on 'Applications'. I'm not sure what's it that I'm missing?

Also - there are no navigation links as expected.

Navigation-Links.png

2. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

Did you set up your route correctly?

3. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

To be a bit more specific than this, the third parameter of $router->getRouteMatch should be the same as the ID of your navigation tab that you created.

TheBigK likes this.
  4. TheBigK

This is something I need to explore.

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

The $majorSection parameter in the routematch should be set to 'applications' for the applications tab.

Liam

TheBigK likes this.
  6. TheBigK

My new code is this:
    PHP:
    public function match($routePathZend_Controller_Request_Http $requestXenForo_Router $router)
    {
    $action $router->resolveActionWithStringParam($routePath$request'addContactDepartment');
    return 
    $router->getRouteMatch('ContactUs_ControllerAdmin_Index'$action'applications');
    I do get the correct tab selected, but the navigation links at the top of the title terminates at 'Applications >' , instead of 'Applications > Contact Us'. What step am I missing?

7. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Setting up the breadcrumb and page title in your admin template. Take a look at the other templates. On mobile or I'd give an example

8. TheBigK

Thanks, Jake. Adding this to my template did the job, but not sure if it's the right way -

<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb>ContactUs</xen:breadcrumb>
    </xen:navigation>