1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's reading a thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Garamond, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

We're missing a feature taken for granted on the old vBulletin forum, but I can't find it in XenForo's ACP.

Is it possible to see who's reading a thread, listed under each thread?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not available in the core.

There is an add-on for it though.

3. Garamond

Ahh, thanks.

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

But the add-ons aren't working perfect, because xenforo delete's the infos after some time...

5. Garamond

Well, I'm looking for an addon that shows the users reading a thread at the same moment you are, not the complete list of users that have been in there.

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Ups, i thought you're talking about the "who has read a thread" ...
    It's too late, i shouldn't post anymore:D

7. Garamond

8. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

I also remember the feature being a little server intensive, in such way that I disabled that from my forum ...
    If you see, we are missing the viewing counters everywhere. We don't have next to the forums (xxx viewing), and we don't have "currently viewing this thread". Personally, I think those options are the definition of feature creep. I am glad that they are concentrating on profile fields, thread prefixes, search engine instead of those :)

Maybe you should go to bed ;)
    Actually .. I downloaded the Who Read hack and customized it in such a way that it keeps the users information serialized in the thread table... took me a while. I don't feel like releasing it though, but yeah, that hack is just half-useful.

Garamond and Forsaken like this.
  9. Garamond

Yeah, you are right about that. I just had a couple of members messaging me about that feature, but for me personally I don't see it as very necessary - but would like to have it as an option.

10. DFI

DFI Active Member

Where is the Active Add-on having this feature ?? I am unable to find one :(

11. Garamond