Who's reading a thread

raytrails

We're missing a feature taken for granted on the old vBulletin forum, but I can't find it in XenForo's ACP.

Is it possible to see who's reading a thread, listed under each thread?

Well, I'm looking for an addon that shows the users reading a thread at the same moment you are, not the complete list of users that have been in there.
Ups, i thought you're talking about the "who has read a thread" ...
It's too late, i shouldn't post anymore:D

We're missing a feature taken for granted on the old vBulletin forum, but I can't find it in XenForo's ACP.

Is it possible to see who's reading a thread, listed under each thread?

I also remember the feature being a little server intensive, in such way that I disabled that from my forum ...
If you see, we are missing the viewing counters everywhere. We don't have next to the forums (xxx viewing), and we don't have "currently viewing this thread". Personally, I think those options are the definition of feature creep. I am glad that they are concentrating on profile fields, thread prefixes, search engine instead of those :)

Ups, i thought you're talking about the "who has read a thread" ...
It's too late, i shouldn't post anymore:D

Maybe you should go to bed ;)
Actually .. I downloaded the Who Read hack and customized it in such a way that it keeps the users information serialized in the thread table... took me a while. I don't feel like releasing it though, but yeah, that hack is just half-useful.

I also remember the feature being a little server intensive, in such way that I disabled that from my forum ...
If you see, we are missing the viewing counters everywhere. We don't have next to the forums (xxx viewing), and we don't have "currently viewing this thread". Personally, I think those options are the definition of feature creep. I am glad that they are concentrating on profile fields, thread prefixes, search engine instead of those :)
Yeah, you are right about that. I just had a couple of members messaging me about that feature, but for me personally I don't see it as very necessary - but would like to have it as an option.

Top Bottom