Lack of interest Who's Online : Alternate Structure

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have a feeling we will find out what a busy xf site looks like real soon, maybe tomorrow. Many will join this site. :)

I think a good idea here would be to surface the most important member IE developers, admins, mods, then anyone your following who is also following you, then whoever else you are following then whoever is following you... Finally everyone else up to a limit... Then a link to view everyone on a full page?

Just my idea...

I guess shortening the list would be better: It should list -let's say- 50 online users sorted by the last action timestamp in the descending order and after the list, it should say "and 102 others." just like Facebook. Clicking the 102 others should expand the list or list all of them in a modal window maybe.

Edit: I've realized Like feature has this already. That way it can be easier to implement.

Attachments

• mon.webp
    mon.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 16
I think a good idea here would be to surface the most important member IE developers, admins, mods, then anyone your following who is also following you, then whoever else you are following then whoever is following you... Finally everyone else up to a limit... Then a link to view everyone on a full page?

Just my idea...

Thats quite clever yeah, but primarily tabled :P
I see what you mean though:
Staff: See everyone on who's online, IP, location on site etc
Regular Users: View users that they are following(and that user is also following back), + location on site

Any chance of modifying the structure of the who's online, for large/busy sites you can be sifting through hundreds of pages because of the way it is layed out, is it possible to get a more 'tabled' like view?
Referring to this page: http://xenforo.com/community/online/

On a platform like vBulletin (I still use vB 3.8) we had these options:

- Select which data to show: Everything, Members, Guest, Searchbots
- Sort on Username, Activity, Location

Xenforo offers nice functionality like this for threads called [Thread Display Options] in a slidemenu. Since this kind of functionality is already implemented for thread overviews, maybe the same (with different options) can be used for the Current Visitors overview?

As it stand now, the overview is not sortable or filterable in any way indeed.

Top Bottom