Who would have thought?

? Coincidence or Fate ?

• Total voters

EQnoble

I recently had come across the opportunity where someone was willing to 100% fund an operation as far as overhead, initial investment and working capital goes and was kinda of slam-boozled with it pre-coffee on an early morning field call. I kind of thought I was dreaming. Here is the schematic.

I grew up since age six wanting to be a skilled trades-person as I learned later in scholastic life that this is what a person who fashions trees into tangible objects and instruments is...or a carpenter if you wanna be an ass about it. I received to my utter elation on my 6th or 7th christmas a 1½ horsepower router and 15 or so bits for it. This was the happiest I ever remember being oddly enough. I will cut, fade to black...and bring it back to the present.

I have done all sorts of things around construction in my life and really the only thing I ever want to do is custom intricate things that don't fall under a permanently and readily available occupation or specified trade within carpentry. Funnily enough a friend who deals with metal machines tells me he had this thing going a while back and he has a brother that does one specific step that is very specific to the job, very rarely done and very difficult to do with the medium of wood as under high cutting speeds friction can burn...where when cutting metal you have your oil flow to cool your working rough stock.

With this crucial step able to be done...my building of the (secret project for now :) ) is only limited to what I can create in three dimensional space out of what ever wood of choice I see fit within the confines of the size, weight and balances which are common for the application. Basically I have free reign to do whatever the hell I want and this friend flipped the bill for the machines needed which is a win-win no stress situation as his profession is rebuilding and selling machines coincidentally and as he has space he can accommodate my space requirements to take on something like this. We split, everyone eats. It is the most stress free of environments I could hope to be in as well as a place I can truly be me. I wonder if I should wake up....or go to sleep and get started tomorrow.

I do not want to reveal the complete nature of the endeavor yet (anti-jinx) but I can promise you will hear about it if it works :) The general area of carpentry resembles this type of inlay work (they have some phenomenal work examples) but I will be using it in a very specific way for a completely different purpose now. For me I will have to pull a Forest Gump and let you know for now "that's all I have to say about that".

That's my coincidence and facts consequential to this situation as it be. Share your 1 in a million stories if you care to.

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity Ant :) Congrats hun!
hug.gif

I don't believe in cooincidence, nor fate really. The closest may be luck as defined: "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Congrats on this opportunity! Sounds like a dream come true. Don't fall victim to what many do and sabotage yourself from achieving your own success. :)

I don't believe in cooincidence, nor fate really. The closest may be luck as defined: "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Congrats on this opportunity! Sounds like a dream come true. Don't fall victim to what many do and sabotage yourself from achieving your own success. :)

I use a similar motto.

Success happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Top Bottom