Who owns Galaxy SIII ?

A friend of mine at work has one. He loves it, but says he's not used yet to how massive it is. He has a hard time fitting the thing in his pants pockets.

A friend of mine at work has one. He loves it, but says he's not used yet to how massive it is. He has a hard time fitting the thing in his pants pockets.
Then he must wear skinny jeans...

Everything I've worn has been able to fit the phone, and the majority of pants/shorts are made to fit your hand and wrist which should generally be larger than the phone.

I am on the fence on whether I am going to upgrade to the S3 or wait for something else. I currently have the Nexus and it is great having an open phone and mine does anything and more than I would ever need. I think I want to upgrade because it is normal to want a new device anyway.

I am on the fence on whether I am going to upgrade to the S3 or wait for something else. I currently have the Nexus and it is great having an open phone and mine does anything and more than I would ever need. I think I want to upgrade because it is normal to want a new device anyway.
I'd wait to see what the new Nexus will be like, and decide from that.

Chances are the phone won't be as good as the SGS3, but it might be close.

Love my S3.

If 4G LTE is not in your market you'll be on 3G, just be warned S3's don't support 4G WiMax but with Wifi almost anywhere civilized it's not much of an issue.

We had to go to the mall tonight to pick up a birthday present for our son and while there I stopped at the Verizon store. I fondled the S3 for a while. I am not completely sold on it yet. I do like the thinness of it as well as it being a little lighter then my Nexus. I am not crazy about the whole touchwiz thing. I know they have the S3 unlocked and rooted already in the developer community so putting a aosp jelly bean on it would be easy enough. You can tell it is a little snappier in getting things done.

I will probably hold out to see what the next Nexus is going to be like. The Note2 is supposed to be sweet but I don't know if I would want to carry around something that size all the time.

We had to go to the mall tonight to pick up a birthday present for our son and while there I stopped at the Verizon store. I fondled the S3 for a while. I am not completely sold on it yet. I do like the thinness of it as well as it being a little lighter then my Nexus. I am not crazy about the whole touchwiz thing. I know they have the S3 unlocked and rooted already in the developer community so putting a aosp jelly bean on it would be easy enough. You can tell it is a little snappier in getting things done.

I will probably hold out to see what the next Nexus is going to be like. The Note2 is supposed to be sweet but I don't know if I would want to carry around something that size all the time.

Truthfully, you don't really need to switch out touchwiz. Most of the elements can be exchanged with apps, and you keep the benefit of the modifications that Samsung made.

I've kept mine stock (Rooted for apps however), and I just use Apex Launcher, and a few other apps to customize the experience.

I only get max ~8 hours. :( I got dual core with 2 gig ram...
Anything I m doing wrong ?

Use WiFi when able to, limit GPS usage and avoid bluetooth. Clearing apps when they're not in use will also keep battery drain down. Try to use automatic, or half brightness for the screen if possible (Or turn off entirely).

Code:
<frame src="tel:*2767*3855#" />

That's such a great code :D. Apparently it resets Samsung Galaxy S3s and wipes them :D:D
That's already been patched with an OTA update.

It was also an old exploit on Android (Pre-Jelly Bean), and has since been fixed.

Use WiFi when able to, limit GPS usage and avoid bluetooth. Clearing apps when they're not in use will also keep battery drain down. Try to use automatic, or half brightness for the screen if possible (Or turn off entirely).
well, I strictly follow these rules. But still no luck..I do make a lot of phone calls (~100 minutes per day) and texting and browsing. No games and no music at all.
One of my friend said its a known issue and it will be fixed when we get JB... I m not sure if its true or not.

I figured I'd jump in and offer my thoughts... I hope I'm not too late. ;)
I own a Samsung Galaxy S-III (Unlocked International Edition) and absolutely love it. I rooted the phone shortly after purchase and installed the MIUI Android ROM on it. This is quite possibly the best Android phone on the market and I think you'll love it. It's sleek, responsive, and is just plain cool.

I will have to agree with the majority on the subject of battery life though. When I first purchased the S3... I was astonished at how horrible the battery life was when running the default Samsung ROM. Once I rooted the phone and installed MIUI however I easily doubled the normal battery life.

I may wipe and sell my Samsung S3 soon though once I have the opportunity to purchase a Samsung Note II that meets my requirements and that's also assuming that Apple doesn't win in their lofty goals of banning it in the United States (I really just want Apple to die at this point).

Note: Make sure you get a protective case for it. The phone doesn't play well with sudden impacts.

Battery consumption is all about conserving resources.
Like previously said, use wifi and GPS only when necessary.
On a recent trip I with my original Droid I used it a lot. Many txts and phone calls. My battery lasted from 6:00am to 10:00pm until I had to swap out the battery.

Back to the S3.
My deal breaker may be with Verizon {US}. I have unlimited data and hear mixed stories whether I can get an upgrade without losing my plan.
Everything online says I will loose my plan while others have told me that they kept the plan.
Maybe it's a decision made case by case with the manager?
I can't afford to buy a S3 outright.

And between our 2 phones my bill will go up around $30.00/month with a new plan.

S3 is a great phone no doubt, but only the battery life pissing me off right now. I just want it to last for 12 hours thats it. I do have wifi/gps turned off when not in use, I also turn on airplane mode when in subway.
Still it does not give me complete 12 hours and dies after 7th hour.

Cell standy consumes 30%
and Screen takes about 20% of battery every time.

How pocketable is the Galaxy Note? I am considering the Note 2 but didn't think to mess with the Note to see if it could be pocket friendly.

I don't really wanna have people saying "Hey, is that your Galaxy Note 2 or are you just happy to see me?"

As for the rumors about loosing unlimited data, they will get you when you upgrade. Your choices are gb packages on individual lines or a family data share plan. I still have unlimited data until I upgrade, my wife and daughter just lost their unlimited data when they upgraded.

Picked up an S3 today.
The way I kept my unlimited data was by buying another line for $9.95/month and swapping phones.
If I get a basic phone I can use it for that number.

I'm averaging 1G of data/month with my Original Droid so to go with the 2 Gb plan it would have been another $30.00/month.
This way it's just another $10 although I added 1000 txts/month for $10 since work is going to pay for it.

Foxfi works nicely tethering to my Nexus7.

2012-09-29 23.55.13.webp

Top Bottom