Who is Steve Machol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRE

Who is Steve Machol? I've seen his name mentioned on vBulletin, xFShowcase and TheAdminZone. Does he have an interview somewhere and what makes him valuable to the forum webmaster community?

He didn't make addons that I am aware of. He was similar to what Brogan is here. He was the tell you how to fix things guy or atleast point you in the right direction. I never dealt with him personally but he was a big reason other than Kier that vB was very popular. He respected customers not talk to them like trash like they tend to do now.

Since you changed your question...lol

Steve actually was paid to do a job - which he did very well.
Oh I'm just curious. I posted in a thread saying BirdOPrey on vBulletin inspired me to share my work and stuff and Steve thought I was talking about him and I was like huh who are you then I read he's interested in working for Xenforo but no one has contacted him yet.

Steve was around for ages. Hell, I remember him posting on vb.com back when I started administering vBulletin back in 2001.

He didn't make addons that I am aware of. He was similar to what Brogan is here. He was the tell you how to fix things guy or atleast point you in the right direction. I never dealt with him personally but he was a big reason other than Kier that vB was very popular. He respected customers not talk to them like trash like they tend to do now.
Oh that's nice. Rude customer support sucks. He sounds cool then.

Oh I'm just curious. I posted in a thread saying BirdOPrey on vBulletin inspired me to share my work and stuff and Steve thought I was talking about him and I was like huh who are you then I read he's interested in working for Xenforo but no one has contacted him yet.
Well, I'm not sure he's expecting a job offer any time soon. I don't know, though. XenForo is too new and too in debt due to the lawsuit to have any more paid employees, I would imagine. But he would be a great addition here, I can say that much. Nothing but respect for a guy who took the high road and left a "morally bankrupt company".

He's interested in working for XF, but no one has contacted him? Is he too good to contact xF or something?

Well, I'm not sure he's expecting a job offer any time soon. I don't know, though. XenForo is too new and too in debt due to the lawsuit to have any more paid employees, I would imagine. But he would be a great addition here, I can say that much. Nothing but respect for a guy who took the high road and left a "morally bankrupt company".
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I think Xenforo is lucky enough to have volunteers as it is. If Steve's really that good at what he does though then I hope he decides to post here more if he's already on here.

Oh that's nice. Rude customer support sucks. He sounds cool then.

Yeah he was really cool from what I have read in posts he made when answering customers questions. Another big thing was he didn't make you feel dumb either. He would break it down (as one my drill instructors when I went through Marine bootcamp would say) Barney level so anyone could understand.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I think Xenforo is lucky enough to have volunteers as it is. If Steve's really that good at what he does though then I hope he decides to post here more if he's already on here.
He's here and he posts a couple things here or there.
Yeah he was really cool from what I have read in posts he made when answering customers questions. Another big thing was he didn't make you feel dumb either. He would break it down (as one my drill instructors when I went through Marine bootcamp would say) Barney level so anyone could understand.
Absolutely. He was extremely helpful and always respectful to customers.

He's interested in working for XF, but no one has contacted him? Is he too good to contact xF or something?
I'm interested in working for XenForo. Does that mean I'm immediately going to get an interview? Just because someone is interested in something, doesn't mean that the company he is interested in can afford to hire another employee. Or is interested in working with him. Business is a tricky thing to manage, and just coming off of the lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised if they need to wait a year before hiring anyone else.

Of ALL the support techs I've had interactions with since 2006 when I started doing web design projects, I must say that Steve Machol was the most thorough! Always willing to help. Never a sour attitude, no bad words to anyone that I can recall. Yes - as jmurrayhead posted in above ==> "Stand up guy!"

J.

FWIW - this thread originated here because of the thread at http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100743

I'm interested in working for XenForo. Does that mean I'm immediately going to get an interview? Just because someone is interested in something, doesn't mean that the company he is interested in can afford to hire another employee. Or is interested in working with him. Business is a tricky thing to manage, and just coming off of the lawsuit, I wouldn't be surprised if they need to wait a year before hiring anyone else.

That was nothing close to what I was saying. He is supposedly interested, yet he feels as though someone should be contacting him. Regardless of the lawsuit, need for employees, etc... if he is that interested, he could have contacted xF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom