Who Invented The Internet?

MQK8

So does anyone know who actually invented the internet? When you google it you get a result that two American scientists invented the internet or that the American Military invented it back in the cold war days. Does anyone really know?

Celebrate Al Gore GIF by Cam Smith

God. It was the real solution to the tower of Babel. Now we can all talk to each other, but we spend so much time streaming videos and arguing on social media, no way that tower could ever get built. :ROFLMAO:

I was gonna add that no way on earth did Al Gore invent the internet, don’t know why he ever made that claim. He couldn’t even win his own state of Tennessee lol. 😊

So does anyone know who actually invented the internet? When you google it you get a result that two American scientists invented the internet or that the American Military invented it back in the cold war days. Does anyone really know?
So guess it was the US, UK and France. I remember in the 90’s we were trying to figure out what this was all about. I remember during the AOL days many of those great domains were available very cheap now that would cost you six figures. I totally dropped the ball like so many others. During the dial up days, that connection sound was horrid lol

Yeah, would probably a lot better without Apple crap (browsers) :)
OTOH, can anyone really picture the Internet without smartphones? I mean, Apple didn't invent them (the RIM Blackberry, for one, predated them) but they sure as hell popularized them and turned them from a niche business tool to a consumer must-have. I have never been fond of Apple for a number of reasons and will likely always pack an Android device, but I doubt we'd have the Android ecosystem we have without the iPhone giving them something to motivate them and to shoot for. And, of course, point to and say "we're not that."

OTOH, can anyone really picture the Internet without smartphones? I mean, Apple didn't invent them (the RIM Blackberry, for one, predated them) but they sure as hell popularized them and turned them from a niche business tool to a consumer must-have. I have never been fond of Apple for a number of reasons and will likely always pack an Android device, but I doubt we'd have the Android ecosystem we have without the iPhone giving them something to motivate them and to shoot for. And, of course, point to and say "we're not that."
I just used a Blackberry to check email, and the buttons on the device were way too small.

I just used a Blackberry to check email, and the buttons on the device were way too small.
Depends on the model. I was quite fond of my Bold back in the day and I have fairly big, fumbly fingers. And I still have problems typing on touch screens.

However, how well it worked isn't relevant to my statement. I simply said that it was a smart phone that predates iPhone, which is true even if it was total **** (which it wasn't).

Top Bottom