Who got Godus?

Fable 1 >>>>>>>>>>
I'll bite... What on earth makes Fable so good? And what is the story line.... Seriously, none of the trailers I've seen has explained that and most of the reviews I read go about it in such away they just assume everyone knows.

I'll bite... What on earth makes Fable so good? And what is the story line.... Seriously, none of the trailers I've seen has explained that and most of the reviews I read go about it in such away they just assume everyone knows.
Fable's controls was as good as Zelda combat-wise but as satisfying as a fighting game for me because I could slow down time, go beserk (think Kao Ken from Dragon Ball z) punch someone and watch them fly through the air in slo-motion, then warp behind them with Assassin Rush and punch em in the air or hit em in the head with a frying pan. It was like Dragon Ball Z mixed with Zelda.

Loved Populous
Loved Theme Park
Loved Theme Hospital
Loved Black & White
Liked Black & White 2
Indifferent about Fable

Will I like this?

You pretty much nailed my feelings about all of those games apart from Fable (i've never played the game or enticed by it)

So to answer your question, No. Or I assume you won't like Godus.

Came across 3 bugs today where you can't progress to 1500 followers the progress bar stops working at 1250 and the flags didn't release followers so they can worship at the shrine thus since they can't be released from the huts the flags stay put and your houses/huts remain full unable to accumulate more followers. The game is crazy and i'm sure the level where you start has to be some kind of sandbox level. The amount of clicking (I know i've mentioned it) is absolutely horrendous as much as I hate to say it since it's still beta which I should make allowances for.

I've been thinking about buying this one myself. All the point and clicking won't bother me so much, since I expect it with a game like this. I can't see how you could possibly avoid it. A big part of the game involves terraforming, rearranging the topography, and directing your followers where to go and what to do, and I'm not sure how you would go about that with using a mouse. But I have read other comments on the Steam site mentioning the bug limiting your followers, so I'll hold off at least until that's fixed. Pretty sure I remember Molyneux saying to expect another update within a week of release, so hopefully the existing bugs will be squashed then.

I've been thinking about buying this one myself. All the point and clicking won't bother me so much, since I expect it with a game like this. I can't see how you could possibly avoid it. A big part of the game involves terraforming, rearranging the topography, and directing your followers where to go and what to do, and I'm not sure how you would go about that with using a mouse. But I have read other comments on the Steam site mentioning the bug limiting your followers, so I'll hold off at least until that's fixed. Pretty sure I remember Molyneux saying to expect another update within a week of release, so hopefully the existing bugs will be squashed then.

Buy the game, purchase it and you'll soon see what I mean. I understand the concept of point and click and it's needed but..... Buy the game you'll soon realise what I'm referring to. Perhaps another bug, settlements never unlocked for me even when I surpassed the requirements which really didn't help. Another bug is that the flags would not disappear when you click them thus unable to release your followers to make room for more followers (i may have mentioned that already).

Hopefully it will get better but judging by it's foundation I honestly can't see this being anything more than another mediocre attempt at a god sim. That is my prediction, if I want to point and click with no goal to reach I'd join Facebook and play the likes of Farmtown.

Well, the goal, I guess, is to progress your worshippers through the space age. And then who knows, maybe there will be more end game content added over time. But I don't think the game is intended to have an end game in the sense of you go through all the content and you "win" - queue the end credits. I'm just going to wait and see myself. The game is only half done, so there's a lot that can still be improved. I think there is a lot of potential, though, with the multiplayer part of the game, especially with the winning "head" god (or whatever the title is) getting a certain percentage of every sale for six months. That might be a big enticement for some people and spur a lot of competition.

I actually quite like it. If it weren't for one particularly nasty and gamebreaking bug they haven't fixed yet, I would have played it all day today.

I loved Black and White too, but this feels a lot more like a god game than Black and White did. I agree that some things are a bit tedious (bubble gathering and sculpting especially) - but then it becomes all the more awesome once you get powers to do it easier and more effectively.

If I had to name anything I severely disagree with it's the costs of the statue that lets you gather bubbles more easily. It's so incredibly useful and yet not in any way balance changing that I find it a really really weird choice that they'd increase the price tag on it on each cast - especially when moving to gems rather than believe. I hope they'll change that in a future patch, as it gets in the way of having fun.

User review gives you a rough and accurate review of this game.

edit: warning contains a little profanity.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for sharing. Thought it was pretty funny, actually, enjoyed the review. I'm holding off on this one, as I've said already, until and if there's some improvements. Hopefully there will be! I will say, though, that from what I understand, after listening to a developer video, that I'm not at all sure that anything this guy says about the multiplayer aspects of the game, including people paying to win and rolling over you, is correct. I understood it that the multiplayer is optional and that you have to agree to engage with someone in an online match. So I'd take those comments in the vid with a grain of salt - unless, of course, someone can chime in here with links to information that proves otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom