1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Who deleted a comment on a profile post?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Westingham, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Westingham

Westingham Member

With the introduction of soft deletes for comments on profile posts, I'm trying to determine who deleted a comment but I'm coming up empty. Is it something I'm just missing or is that data not available?

2. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

I believe there's an addon that shows moderator log actions

3. Westingham

Westingham Member

I'm not really looking for an addon, I'm just curious if I'm missing something about default Xenforo moderation behavior.

Profile post comments:
    [​IMG]

Is the "deleted by X" information not currently available for profile post comments like it is for posts?

4. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

5. Westingham

Westingham Member

6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Is it always showing that?

It should show like that if you click the view link...

Try refreshing the page :)

Liam

7. Westingham

Westingham Member

Just to be really clear here, I'm talking about soft-deleted profile post comments, the feature that just launched today with Xenforo 1.5.0. I know how to expand a deleted post.

8. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Yep, and I'm saying that soft deleted comments appear the same as posts - with the placeholder and a show link.

If they don't, then you should test it on a plain new style and with addons disabled :)

Liam

9. Westingham

Westingham Member

Okay, I see what the problem is now.

If there is only one comment on the profile post, and it gets deleted, then the "deleted by X" information shows up and it can be expanded to show the deleted content.

However, if there are enough comments on the status that you need to click "View previous comments" to see them all, then the deleted comments are automatically expanded and you are unable to see the "deleted by X" information.

Liam W likes this.
  10. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Ah, that's probably a bug.

11. Westingham

Westingham Member

Indeed, I will report it as such. Thank you for your help!