Who can fix this?

Fred Sherman

Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 6.56.01 AM.webp

This looks ridiculous. Who can fix this and update it with fresh content so that is doesn't appear to contradict itself? Social engagement and yet the newest content displayed on the company website is 65 days old? It sends the message that it is either a lie or no one is managing the site.

View attachment 34361

This looks ridiculous. Who can fix this and update it with fresh content so that is doesn't appear to contradict itself? Social engagement and yet the newest content displayed on the company website is 65 days old? It sends the message that it is either a lie or no one is managing the site.

The part in bold is basically true, for now. Plus there are no updates to report, so.....

I suppose only Ashley, Mike or Kier have access to the twitter account to make updates. So, poke them.

Who's answering support tickets other than Jake or Slavik?

Who cares about that? I'm talking about the look of the site itself. This is where first impressions are made.

Exactly, that's the responsibility of the company to maintain which is what most people have been saying. The site can't just drive itself without some type of regular update from the owners. I could see connecting the twitter account to the Announcement forum, but things as they are would still run dry until we start getting regular news. Even a 'Hey guys! We're not dead!' post would suffice.

I guess in this case, I'd say remove the twitter feed altogether if it's not going to be used on a regular basis.

Edit: Even a 'forum of the week' would be cool, at least there's a weekly update and it would show off some customer sites for people to see.

The term Social Engagement on that page and the Twitter feed are completely unrelated.

Where in the Social Engagement description does it mention anything to do with Twitter? That Social Engagement box doesn't say "We're XenForo.com and we're going to update our @XenForo feed every 5 days because that's what Social Engagement is".

That box describes something that is actually true. XenForo (the software) is fantastic at Social Engagement with the trophies, Likes and other integrations it has. The two things you've pointed out couldn't be more different.

It is still a valid point. First impressions are vital, and isn't there a saying about you can't undo them? It would be much better to just remove the twitter block altogether, and have a little birdie nag people to follow them, and use a latest posts block from the forum or whatever.

It is perfectly fine that they don't update their twitter account every five minutes, but having it on the front page with such an old timestamp is not really recommended.

I agree on that point, I guess.

It's just the suggestion that the Social Engagement heading was at all related to the outdated Twitter block. But, yeah, if there are not going to be any updates soon then maybe a removal would be best.

The point about Social Engagement is valid enough as well, you should practice what you speak. One thing is what they mean by social engagement, another thing is what a user see and expects when reading it.

But, still, when I read that on the front page, I expect a forum software that allows my users to socially engage... The software does indeed deliver on that. Whether the owners of the forum software socially engage or not is irrelevant in the context of that text.

If the suggestion is that the Social Engagement section should be removed because XenForo as a company itself doesn't engage then I disagree. If the suggestion is that the Twitter block could be removed because it isn't being used then I absolutely agree.

I don't think the suggestion was to remove the social engagement part, but rather remove the block, or update their twitter account a bit more regularly.

Awe c'mon. Stop acting like you don't know what they're talking about when they typed "Social Engagement." The software itself is socially engaging....

I'm really tired of the negativity towards xenForo now. I'm over it.

EDIT:
If the suggestion is that the Social Engagement section should be removed because XenForo as a company itself doesn't engage then I disagree.
Spot on!

We know for fact that the lake of communication is only hurting the company. I love XenForo, I was there when Kier and Mike were making updates almost everyday in threads or tickets for almost 2 years without missing a day. So for myself I can forgive them if they did take a break or were having problems. But new costumer will defiantly take a bad impression and probably would go somewhere else where they can get answers from developers.
Anyhow the twitter box is very useful, and Social Engagement refers to a software feature not about xf company.
I see some other software who makes announcement monthly but again the core software sucks! You know who?!

Top Bottom