Add-on Who are some of the better add-ons developers for XF2

Shamatix

Hey there,

I would like to know who some of the better/best developers for XF2 add-ons are?
Planning on buying 2-3 different add-ons created, but cba dealing with bad developers, buggy add-ons and so on.

Can you guys recommend me some of the better/best developers for XF2 add-ons.

Best regards.

For me it would have to be Xon, AndyB, Siropu, AddonsLab. This is based on what is most useful for me, good support and value for money (that last one would have to be AndyB)

But you will get lots of different opinions here.

For me it would have to be Xon, AndyB, Siropu, AddonsLab.
@Xon and @AndyB provide a good number of the add-ons that we rely on and the quality and responsiveness is really good.

Having just had the pleasure of interacting with @Siropu and seen the feedback for Siropu's add-ons I would expect a similar experience and trust to develop too.

@Bob at xenaddons.com is on our list - his AMS is really good and support is great too.

@Stuart Wright's M2N add-ons are also good; we have a few of those in our armoury.

We have other individual add-ons that are excellent and have been lucky in our choices since only a couple of developers we relied on have stopped updating their add-ons, and even there we have managed to find other developers with similar add-ons.

Xon gets my vote. Siropu as well for his chat add-on. There's some theme designers making mods, who I will just say "don't quit your day job". Terrible.

Great with all these recommendations:) keep em coming! I will take contact to some of em for sure, but ye keep em coming :)

Great with all these recommendations:) keep em coming! I will take contact to some of em for sure, but ye keep em coming :)

My gut feeling though is to think about functionality, what will benefit your community and/or commercial outlook.

For instance

AndyB's Similar threads works really well for keeping threads focussed - one bigger thread rather than a few smaller ones is great for SEO if that is something you care about.

Original Poster Highlight (adds a OP badge to the avatar of the original poster) is something my members find really nice.

What I have done since v2 though is (in some cases compulsorily) ditched some addons that I had just because for a while I suffered from "Addonitis" and went a bit overboard.

My gut feeling though is to think about functionality, what will benefit your community and/or commercial outlook.

For instance

AndyB's Similar threads works really well for keeping threads focussed - one bigger thread rather than a few smaller ones is great for SEO if that is something you care about.

Original Poster Highlight (adds a OP badge to the avatar of the original poster) is something my members find really nice.

What I have done since v2 though is (in some cases compulsorily) ditched some addons that I had just because for a while I suffered from "Addonitis" and went a bit overboard.

Well I am mainly looking for developers for custom addons as I have 2-3 addons I want created, but I have had quite a couple of bad experiences with various developers on here sadly, hence why I am asking for peoples recommendations :)

Well I am mainly looking for developers for custom addons as I have 2-3 addons I want created, but I have had quite a couple of bad experiences with various developers on here sadly, hence why I am asking for peoples recommendations :)
My apologies, totally missed the point of the thread!

I can also vouch for @fahad ashraf. He created a very reliable custom add-on for me. Normally, I would have some problems with custom add-ons show up after some time. In this case, everything was done on a high-quality, really professional, level. It still works flawlessly.

Any add-on from @Xon

If you don't have budget and only want to get 3 add-ons then:

1. Multi Prefix by @Xon
2. Quick search by @AndyB (You will get all @AndyB add-ons for $35/year), and make sure to set quick search width to 100%
3. Advanced Forum Stats by @AddonFlare (i'm using a custom add-on myself but i really recommend this add-on)

Any add-on from @Xon

If you don't have budget and only want to get 3 add-ons then:

1. Multi Prefix by @Xon
2. Quick search by @AndyB (You will get all @AndyB add-ons for $35/year), and make sure to set quick search width to 100%
3. Advanced Forum Stats by @AddonFlare (i'm using a custom add-on myself but i really recommend this add-on)

It's not so much the budget right now.
I am mainly trying to find great developer(s) for custom build addons.
I have some different addons in mind and looking for good reliable developers than I wont have troubles with :)

@Stuart Wright's M2N add-ons are also good; we have a few of those in our armoury.
My background is software development so I know how to design addons. But I haven't learned how to code for Xenforo, so I pay people to do it for me.
My addons were mostly created by Daniel Hood with various amounts of input from me. Daniel gave me all his addons when he quit the community and I gave all but the ones I had invested in to @Xon. The ones I had invested in (e.g. Tag Essentials) are maintained by Xon.
The Competitions and Contact Us Essentials addon were commissioned by me and created by @Chris D who maintains them.

Hey there,

I would like to know who some of the better/best developers for XF2 add-ons are?
Planning on buying 2-3 different add-ons created, but cba dealing with bad developers, buggy add-ons and so on.

Can you guys recommend me some of the better/best developers for XF2 add-ons.

Best regards.
I suggest @fahad ashraf :D

@Aayush is a fantastic dev. He is always helpful, he always does a great job, and he always goes above and beyond the call of duty. I have been working with him for 5 years or so and I will continue to do so. Give him a shot, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

@Aayush is a fantastic dev. He is always helpful, he always does a great job, and he always goes above and beyond the call of duty. I have been working with him for 5 years or so and I will continue to do so. Give him a shot, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

How is his communication?
His english is great :)?

Top Bottom