• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WhiteSmoke Revisited

Caelum

D67e7.png

1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp 5.webp 6.webp 7.webp

_________________________________________________________________​

About
WhiteSmoke is clean, light XF style. It's made exclusively through the EXTRA.css file and style properties, meaning no style updates are necessary for minor XF updates. It's free as in free speech and as in free beer: you can do anything you want with it, zero restrictions.

Branding & donations
By default, WhiteSmoke comes with "theme by Caelum Nimmiël" branding. You are free to remove it if you insist. That said, if you don't want to keep it (or if you do and want to thank me!), please consider a donation, assuming you have money to spare. If you do, I'll love you forever in a platonic and completely non-creepy sort of way.

Seriously though:
  1. Donations are much appreciated
  2. The big bad copyright monster won't eat you if you remove the branding/modify this style/do weird things to it

Custom Backgrounds
WhiteSmoke works very well with some custom background patterns. Several background patterns are included as of 2.2, to let you choose various color schemes.

To use a non default background:

1. Choose a background in the 'backgrounds' directory inside the WhiteSmoke zip file.
  2. Rename the background of choice to 'htmlbg.jpg' rather than '[color]-htmlbg.jpg'. Make sure you do not accidentally name it htmlbg.jpg.jpg or anything like that.
  3. Move this new htmlbg.jpg file to the 'upload/styles/whitesmoke2/xenforo/new' folder and overwrite the old one when prompted.
  4. All done! Remember, you can also use a background pattern of your own if you prefer. Most non white/grey backgrounds patterns should work.

In the description field, at the very top of any page, add:
Code:
<div id='whitesmokepage'><div id='whitesmoke2'>&nbsp;</div>

In the description field, at the bottom, add:
Code:
</div>

You can then add your page in between that code. An example of a working page description would be:
Code:
<div id='whitesmokepage'><div id='whitesmoke2'>&nbsp;</div>

<p>Look mom, dad, I'm on the internet!</p>
</div>

I've seen WhiteSmoke show up on a number of warez sites. That's fine; as said, you are free to do what you want with this style. I think it's awesome people like it enough to put it on warez sites in the first place. That said, please consider downloading it from this URL to ensure you always have the latest version? Thanks. :)

Changelog
  • Version 2.7
    • Changes to the login area
    • One or two very obscure tweaks
  • Version 2.6
    • Fixed a very minor issue involving thread prefix text shadows
  • Version 2.5
    • Plethora of bug fixes & tweaks
    • Improved support for the following addons: [LN] Blog, XenStaff, XenFans Welcome Block, [XFR] User Albums
    • Working pages
  • Version 2.4
    • MORE bug fixes & tweaks
    • Improved XenPorta support
  • Version 2.3
    • Bug fixes
  • Version 2.2
    • Added XenPorta support
    • Added multiple background choices
    • Various tweaks & bug fixes
  • Version 2.1 (11/10/2011)
    • Fixed missing language & style selector links
    • Slight breadcrumb changes
  • Version 2.0 (10/10/2011)
    • Complete rewrite
  • Version 1.0 (26/06/2011)
    • Initial release

That's all! Enjoy.​

Nice job on the theme :)

The navigation definitely looks better and fits with the theme. I think the breadcrumb could be designed to look more like the post background to fix it from looking totally separate from the theme.

Nice job on the theme :)

The navigation definitely looks better and fits with the theme. I think the breadcrumb could be designed to look more like the post background to fix it from looking totally separate from the theme.
Glad you like it :)

Poked the breadcrumb a little; will figure out a better way of doing it later on.

Not a good work. no selector style and langage
Whoops. Fixed.

the XenPorta looks weird with this style.
Didn't build in any XenPorta support, it's probably weird because I rearranged a huge number of text/background areas. I'll add XenPorta support in a day or two. Going to wait and see if there's anything else that needs to be done for the next update first though. ;)

EDIT: On that note, choice of several colors for the background pattern coming in a day or two as well.

Didn't build in any XenPorta support, it's probably weird because I rearranged a huge number of text/background areas. I'll add XenPorta support in a day or two. Going to wait and see if there's anything else that needs to be done for the next update first though. ;)

EDIT: On that note, choice of several colors for the background pattern coming in a day or two as well.
take your time ;)

link? :)
btw do you have admin acces now?
See download button in OP. And yeah, admin access working now, 's how I managed to fix it. Shouldn't need it anymore now that the XenPorta thing's fixed though; got my own dev board, but couldn't get XenPorta to work properly on there.

Another update; just bug fixes this time. Most notably one where I accidentally included a customized navigation template in the previous version. Should be the last release for a while unless I get any requests/bug reports.

Remember how I said the previous release should be the last one for a while unless I got any requests/bug reports? I lied. New release available. Ton of bugfixes in this one. Should really be the last one for a while this time though :p

More tweaks and bugfixes coming with XF 1.1 gold, including a fix to an issue that makes text on thread prefixes look bad because of a badwrong text shadow.

EDIT: Also, fixed download link while my site's unavailable for a few days.

Top Bottom