AboutWhiteSmoke is clean, light XF style. It's made exclusively through the EXTRA.css file and style properties, meaning no style updates are necessary for minor XF updates. It's free as in free speech and as in free beer: you can do anything you want with it, zero restrictions.
Branding & donations By default, WhiteSmoke comes with "theme by Caelum Nimmiël" branding. You are free to remove it if you insist. That said, if you don't want to keep it (or if you do and want to thank me!), please consider a donation, assuming you have money to spare. If you do, I'll love you forever in a platonic and completely non-creepy sort of way.
- Donations are much appreciated
- The big bad copyright monster won't eat you if you remove the branding/modify this style/do weird things to it
Custom BackgroundsWhiteSmoke works very well with some custom background patterns. Several background patterns are included as of 2.2, to let you choose various color schemes.
To use a non default background:
- Choose a background in the 'backgrounds' directory inside the WhiteSmoke zip file.
- Rename the background of choice to 'htmlbg.jpg' rather than '[color]-htmlbg.jpg'. Make sure you do not accidentally name it htmlbg.jpg.jpg or anything like that.
- Move this new htmlbg.jpg file to the 'upload/styles/whitesmoke2/xenforo/new' folder and overwrite the old one when prompted.
- All done! Remember, you can also use a background pattern of your own if you prefer. Most non white/grey backgrounds patterns should work.
PagesIn order to make a page work, and look properly, using WhiteSmoke, you will have to edit your pages slightly.
In the description field, at the very top of any page, add:
<div id='whitesmokepage'><div id='whitesmoke2'> </div>
<div id='whitesmokepage'><div id='whitesmoke2'> </div> <p>Look mom, dad, I'm on the internet!</p> </div>
Warez sitesI've seen WhiteSmoke show up on a number of warez sites. That's fine; as said, you are free to do what you want with this style. I think it's awesome people like it enough to put it on warez sites in the first place. That said, please consider downloading it from this URL to ensure you always have the latest version? Thanks.
- Version 2.7
- Changes to the login area
- One or two very obscure tweaks
- Version 2.6
- Fixed a very minor issue involving thread prefix text shadows
- Version 2.5
- Plethora of bug fixes & tweaks
- Improved support for the following addons: [LN] Blog, XenStaff, XenFans Welcome Block, [XFR] User Albums
- Working pages
- Version 2.4
- MORE bug fixes & tweaks
- Improved XenPorta support
- Version 2.3
- Bug fixes
- Version 2.2
- Added XenPorta support
- Added multiple background choices
- Various tweaks & bug fixes
- Version 2.1 (11/10/2011)
- Fixed missing language & style selector links
- Slight breadcrumb changes
- Version 2.0 (10/10/2011)
- Complete rewrite
- Version 1.0 (26/06/2011)
- Initial release
That's all! Enjoy.