XF 1.3 White screen after server transfer

rages4calm

http://www.uoforum.com so i've transferred xenforo to a different host in the past and had 0 problems.

This time I transferred to hostmonster vps and having trouble figuring out why im getting a white screen no matter which page i go to (aka internal error 500).

I've set my config file up to
Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);
$config['debug'] = true;
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;

but does no good still shows no errors. I can change the config.php and make a sql error by using false data, but using the proper data I get nothing.

The database is fine with 0 errors. I have even disabled all the addons I absolutely can not figure out why it is not showing the forum.

Check to make sure that you don't have an empty index.html in the root forum directory.
Most HTTP servers will serve .html/htm before .php, and if you have a blank index.html/htm then that will be what is served.

And hello from a fellow Texan.

I figured it out, also MQK8 I think you may be seeing the old host it's still propagating for some people.

the problem was for some reason phpmyadmin was not importing the entire sql database. -_-

and hello Tracy :)

I figured it out, also MQK8 I think you may be seeing the old host it's still propagating for some people.

the problem was for some reason phpmyadmin was not importing the entire sql database. -_-
Suggestion... since it's a VPS, don't become dependent on phpMyAdmin... I've seen it crap out on to many backups for people. Learn to log in and use mysqldump from the CLI. It's not that difficult.
I have also seen it time out on a large import and do what it seems to have done for you.. only a partial import.

I don't know if you have imported the DB yet, but I'm still getting a white page when I go to your site.

and hello Tracy :)
Much farther north and you coulda called yourself an Okie. :ROFLMAO:

Nope the sql is 1gig waiting for it to download from the old shared hosting.
At 1Gb for the DB, phpMyAdmin is probably going to time out on you to import it on the new site.
I would suggest creating your user/password via phpmyadmin, creating the DB with the same name as you use now (or a new one but don't forget to change it in your config.php) and then logging in via SSH and doing a simple
mysql -p dbase_name < filename.sql
This assumes that you are in at root. The -p will want the root Mysql password. If you have already created the user/password you can use
mysql -u username -p dbase_name < filename.sql
where the username is the username you created for the DB and then input the password when you press enter.

where dbase_name is the DB you created, and filename.sql is the SQL file you exported.

Top Bottom